Sentinel/Radio Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

67FRED442

I have advised RR about the Paulding County Ohio Sheriff switching to MARCS. I told RR on the day they switched and they sent back an email refusing to enter it. I waited a couple weeks and sent another notice and they have yet to acknowledge the update! Since RR will not update Sentinel can not make the changes either! My question is, "Since RR is so bullheaded in not making the changes how do I go about manually entering the data?" I tried to do a system search and it said that system was not valid. Any help would be appreciated.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
If you don't have a Favorites List in Sentinel created, you would want to create one and add the information to it. Then make sure your FL is turned On to scan it.

However... did you give RR the necessary information? TG's, control channels, etc? It sounds like something must have been missing.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have advised RR about the Paulding County Ohio Sheriff switching to MARCS. I told RR on the day they switched and they sent back an email refusing to enter it. I waited a couple weeks and sent another notice and they have yet to acknowledge the update! Since RR will not update Sentinel can not make the changes either! My question is, "Since RR is so bullheaded in not making the changes how do I go about manually entering the data?" I tried to do a system search and it said that system was not valid. Any help would be appreciated.

What did you submit? Just saying they moved is not a submission. You would need verified reception and the talkgroup number for Paulding? The Sheriff Dispatch TG IS listed already.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Slow down who did you tell? Did you make a submission to update the database. The email you got back was more than likely because enough information was not submitted to change the database.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since RR is so bullheaded in not making the changes how do I go about manually entering the data?

I don't think Fred knows that the database is user driven and relies on user submissions for updates.

Sending in a submission stating "The Paulding County Sheriff went live Wednesday March 27th with MARCS." has no usable information that can be entered into the database and would be rightly rejected.

Unfortunately, that's the only submission he's made for this system.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I don't think Fred knows that the database is user driven and relies on user submissions for updates.

Sending in a submission stating "The Paulding County Sheriff went live Wednesday March 27th with MARCS." has no usable information that can be entered into the database and would be rightly rejected.

Unfortunately, that's the only submission he's made for this system.

And there ya go.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
As well, it would appear that the Paulding County Sheriff's office is already listed on the MARCS system.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Also knowing what scanner the OP has could help as well. I know that the OP is using sentinel but is it a HP1/2 with the extreme upgrade to add them manually or the x36hp series or the sds series. If I missed it my apologies I only have my phone using Tapatalk at the moment.

67FRED442

As well, it would appear that the Paulding County Sheriff's office is already listed on the MARCS system.
Are you sure? That MARCS tower site has been in Paulding County for years. It has been used by the State ODOT for their maintenance fleet (that shares the same lot). If you go to "database" on RR, click on Ohio, click on Paulding County, and look under "Law enforcement" you see the Sheriff is still listed conventional. Scroll down to "All Trunked Radio Systems in Paulding County" and click on, " Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications" . That takes you to another list. Follow the "Name" column down to "Paulding". Click on it and all you get is a list of frequencies. That is the same list of freq that has been on there for years. Not a word about SO.
Also please forgive my ignorance about the submission process. I searched the FCC database and could not find any info on the Sheriff going to MARCS. I figured RR had more up to date info and would be able to supply the needed info since I know for a fact the SO HAD switched over. Please forgive this humble servant. I will not make the same mistake twice.

UPDATE!! I just downloaded the latest master HPDB database and it is now there. I just updated last week and it was NOT there. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
This is what I found listed for the Paulding County Sheriff's Office on MARCS:

38501 9665 D SO63DISP Sheriff Dispatch Law Dispatch

It was submitted on March 27th and worked sometime between the 27th of March and April 1st.

67FRED442

This is what I found listed for the Paulding County Sheriff's Office on MARCS:

38501 9665 D SO63DISP Sheriff Dispatch Law Dispatch

It was submitted on March 27th and worked sometime between the 27th of March and April 1st.

I wonder why it was not on my update last week? It had been awhile since I updated and it said I had to download the newest version of Sentinel, so I did then I updated the HPDB. When I double checked last night it was not on Sentinel so I figured what the heck, and updated again and it was on the update. Thanks everyone for the help.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why it was not on my update last week? It had been awhile since I updated and it said I had to download the newest version of Sentinel, so I did then I updated the HPDB. When I double checked last night it was not on Sentinel so I figured what the heck, and updated again and it was on the update. Thanks everyone for the help.
I'm still on the 4/14 (or last week's) data and it IS in there.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
in sentinel, click "update" then "update master database"
If you are using a favorites list, update that with the frequencies you want.
then click "scanner" and "write to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.