Sentinel Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson135

I'm sure this is a dumb question. It will be enough dumber if there isn't a way to do this:

When making changes to the preferences of channels on your favorites list (i.e. color and alert sound) how do you change multiple or all of the channels instead of doing each one individually with the same settings.

Thanks,
Jim

MStep

I'm sure this is a dumb question. It will be enough dumber if there isn't a way to do this:

When making changes to the preferences of channels on your favorites list (i.e. color and alert sound) how do you change multiple or all of the channels instead of doing each one individually with the same settings.

Thanks,
Jim

Pretty simple process--- basically copy and paste. Make sure you are in the "Program Favorites Lists" menu. Simply change and then copy (Ctl-C) the setting you just changed. Use the shift key to highlight all of the remaining settings that have to be changed, and paste (Ctl-V).

That's the way I do it---- if you are not comfortable with Ctl-C and Ctl-V, I believe that you can also right click on the appropriate setting to be changed and you will find the Copy and Paste commands.

The key is to highlight the first box to be changed, hold down the SHIFT key and then highlight the last box to be changed. The should highlight all the boxes between the first and last and then just paste away.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I couldn't do the same thing.

It's a known feature of Uniden, to make their interfaces user unfriendly, lack common sense features and not deliver promised features.

MStep

It's a known feature of Uniden, to make their interfaces user unfriendly, lack common sense features and not deliver promised features.

What I would do if you are not sure of the process is to make another copy of your profile and experiment on that. This way, if you screw things up, you can simply eliminate the bad copy and revert back to the good copy of your profile.

Yes, it takes a little practice, along with some trial and error, and sometimes an extra box may pop up that you have to close before you can do the copy and/or paste. But I use it all the time and it does work.

Patience, practice and perseverance.

Voyager

The method described is a standard Windows operation. It really doesn't get any more "user friendly" than that.

EDIT: Good point brent. In those cases all Windows operations are "unfriendly". :D

MStep

Worked with no problem MStep. Thanks!

Glad to hear you were able to master the technique. Those who try may notice that when selecting a field to copy or a row of fields to fill, an extra dialog box MAY pop up that you have to close before copying or pasting, simply because Sentinel thinks you want to fill that field. If you close the box, you can go ahead with your copy or paste commands.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber

Ouch. Harsh, that. The process is clunky, I'll admit, however it does work. It just takes a little trial and error to master it.

Status
Not open for further replies.