sentinel software - Database download - Incorrect or Missing talk groups Clermont County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptMike2

So before purchasing an SDS200 or what Whistler may happen to offer. I downloaded the Sentinel Software and updated database to become more familiar with it. I found my county, Clermont and reviewed the information provided. I was shocked to see so much information missing and incorrect information that was provided.
How can I know this? Because I spent 25 years as an FF and 15 years as a 911 dispatcher for Clermont County. I was involved in the changeover from our old system to the new 800mhzs system. Just off the top of my head, I can list several talk groups that are missing and identify talk groups that are labeled wrong.
I still have some contacts at the dispatch center I worked at and will trying and get a complete list directly from them. If being able to get this list how do I pass this information along to Radio Reference to update the database?

Thanks
Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
Submit the information to the database. On the database page click the submit info tab. There are 130+ Talkgroups in the database already. I cannot imagine very many more.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Check on the RR pages as well, very likely that you may not be looking in the right spot.

Most of Clermont looks to be on MARCS - in Sentinel that is under statewide, not the county, then drill down.

CaptMike2

I am just trying to help out here. On the law enforcement side, just glancing over the list, 31 talk groups are missing. On the Fire/EMS side of it, 36 talk groups are missing. I will try and get an accurate, updated listing. Thanks for the feedback.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I am just trying to help out here. On the law enforcement side, just glancing over the list, 31 talk groups are missing. On the Fire/EMS side of it, 36 talk groups are missing. I will try and get an accurate, updated listing. Thanks for the feedback.
No problem - any issue or need help - PM, don't forget the Ohio Section on here ... Ohio has some really good people handling submissions.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So before purchasing an SDS200 or what Whistler may happen to offer. I downloaded the Sentinel Software and updated database to become more familiar with it. I found my county, Clermont and reviewed the information provided. I was shocked to see so much information missing and incorrect information that was provided.
How can I know this? Because I spent 25 years as an FF and 15 years as a 911 dispatcher for Clermont County. I was involved in the changeover from our old system to the new 800mhzs system. Just off the top of my head, I can list several talk groups that are missing and identify talk groups that are labeled wrong.
I still have some contacts at the dispatch center I worked at and will trying and get a complete list directly from them. If being able to get this list how do I pass this information along to Radio Reference to update the database?

If you can get official info use the Submit tab at the top of the MARCS-IP system listing. All submissions appreciated. What's in the database was submitted by users, most of whom don't have an inside track; they just monitor and identify what they hear, and while most are very knowledgeable there's sometime some educated guesswork.

CaptMike2

Just got an email back from a friend of mine who is the Director for Clermont County 911.

Good to hear from you. Still here, working on exit plan. You can get what you need at this site. http://www.radioreference.com. I just checked it. MARCS P25 IP 800MHZ information is not on there right now, they are updating the information. Check it in few days. It will give you the talkgoups names, and the Hex and Dex Codes you will need.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just got an email back from a friend of mine who is the Director for Clermont County 911.

Good to hear from you. Still here, working on exit plan. You can get what you need at this site. http://www.radioreference.com. I just checked it. MARCS P25 IP 800MHZ information is not on there right now, they are updating the information. Check it in few days. It will give you the talkgoups names, and the Hex and Dex Codes you will need.

Funny, looks like the information is there to me; not sure what information he's talking about. . . . .

CaptMike2

I am not trying to make waves, just trying to help out. But from my personal experience, there are a few entries that are missing. Do not know if it is because these are private talk groups for departments or not.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am not trying to make waves, just trying to help out. But from my personal experience, there are a few entries that are missing. Do not know if it is because these are private talk groups for departments or not.

Evidently they have not been identified and submitted. As noted before, we rely on user submissions; we are not affiliated with any systems at all, so we are not privy to official sources of information unless someone who works there submits it.

If you're able to locate and identify anything, please do submit it so we can update the database. Any information you can provide is appreciated.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if Capt. Mike2 or anyone else has corrected/undated or revised the Clermont Co. database?

Status
Not open for further replies.