BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel ver. 11.07.11 has deadened sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello Everybody, I recently got the circuit board replaced by Uniden for an unrelated issue, thanks to Peter at Stuart Electronics in Flushing, N.Y. He got it back from Uniden and tuned it up in house,sent it back to me and it was back to 100%. Upon hooking it up to sentinel and checking for firmware updates, I allowed it to install the above version. After that my reception sensitivity on edacks and trunking systems, both P25 and Motorola type I & 2, has decreased by a good 50%. I noticed in another thread some people were have trouble with the same firmware after updating, so I wonder whats up? Perhaps UPMan would care to chime in, and of course if you have similar issues please let me know. Thanks in advance, TT

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello Everybody, I recently got the circuit board replaced by Uniden for an unrelated issue, thanks to Peter at Stuart Electronics in Flushing, N.Y. He got it back from Uniden and tuned it up in house,sent it back to me and it was back to 100%. Upon hooking it up to sentinel and checking for firmware updates, I allowed it to install the above version. After that my reception sensitivity on edacks and trunking systems, both P25 and Motorola type I & 2, has decreased by a good 50%. I noticed in another thread some people were have trouble with the same firmware after updating, so I wonder whats up? Perhaps UPMan would care to chime in, and of course if you have similar issues please let me know. Thanks in advance, TT

Your post is a little confusing....

Your title says "Sentinel ver. 11.07.11 ". The current version of the Sentinel software is 1.07.05.

The rest of your post talks about firmware, the current firmware for the BCD436HP available through Sentinel is 1.11.17

And exactly what type of "tuning" was done to the scanner after Uniden repaired it?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Sentinel is only at version 1.07.05

Firmware at least for the 536 is only at 1.11.17

So what is this Sentinel ver 11.07.11 you are talking about?

Edit: And I saw the above post after I posted my reply!

gonefishn1

You are mistaking Firmware for Software or something else.
Sentinel Version 1.07.05
Firmware Version 1.11.17

You need to be more exact with your questions.

tampatracker

You are mistaking Firmware for Software or something else.
Sentinel Version 1.07.05
Firmware Version 1.11.17

You need to be more exact with your questions.

Correction FIRMWARE VERSION 1.11.17. I will ask him exactly what type of "tune up" Peter does when he opens tomorrow, however suffice to say all the radios I've had him work on come back with spectacular results. I checked for Firmware updates using sentinel, and it bounced me up to 1.11.17. Since then reception has been a problem. Sorry if I confused f you.

Status
Not open for further replies.