SERAM. SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Never mind. This damn 436hp. Changed squelched level for some reason..
All is good now.

That's the second time that squelch has got the better of you! :eek:

I remember you posted it being somehow set to 15 or something like that.

Is the squelch located as well on the On/Off knob?

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
That's the second time that squelch has got the better of you! :eek:

I remember you posted it being somehow set to 15 or something like that.

Is the squelch located as well on the On/Off knob?

Yeah...it is the 2nd time. You'd think i would've checked 1st thing..but EDACS Longueuil & S.Q.were comming in properly so it didn't dawn on me.. Must have occured when i uploaded a new favourite list last night thru sentinel.

Yup the squelch is just like on the 346/396xt. Func and press down the volume.. On/Off is a seperate push button on the front pad.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Yeah...it is the 2nd time. You'd think i would've checked 1st thing..but EDACS Longueuil & S.Q.were comming in properly so it didn't dawn on me.. Must have occured when i uploaded a new favourite list last night thru sentinel.

Yup the squelch is just like on the 346/396xt. Func and press down the volume.. On/Off is a seperate push button on the front pad.

I have a Damn BCD436HP as well though I haven't had it up in the 514 yet (soon!). Remember: Until proven otherwise, it's your radio's fault! :)

I haven't looked at the DB closely - is there much DMR to listen to? I have the ProVoice key, too, so I guess some of the South Shore stuff?

kirk23

I have a Damn BCD436HP as well though I haven't had it up in the 514 yet (soon!). Remember: Until proven otherwise, it's your radio's fault! :)

I haven't looked at the DB closely - is there much DMR to listen to? I have the ProVoice key, too, so I guess some of the South Shore stuff?

Still prefer the 396xt.. I bought the 436hp cuz there was talk of S.I.M. was going Phase II.. That still hasn't happend as of yet.
I don't have either upgrade but I know that Longueuil Police are on ProVoice and the people that have the upgrade say it comes in well.. As for DMR.. I am not proud that i don't know much about it so i don't know if there is anything around herethat uses it.. Guess i need to research it .. I am just a retired "hose jockey" so all this new technology baffles me..lol

VORTAC

Database Admin
Police in Longueuil and Quebec are still in PROVOICE. Eventually, they will leave this old network.

Currently, there are a lot of DMR in the greater Montreal area. Several companies have migrated in this mode. It's not complicated, there only rent digital radio.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
OK, so SIM is all SERAMified. How are they actually using the channels? I can read the labels in the DB, but what do they mean? Operations, Commandement, OK, I can figure those out (maybe). But Regroupement? And what is the difference between Appel générale and Repartition?

SERAM - Systeme evolue de radiocommunications de l'Agglomeration de Montreal Trunking System, Montréal, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies

It was much simpler when most stuff was on 10-51, chiefs were on 10-52, and fireground was 10-53 and you had to be there. :)

And yes, I'm listening live.

kirk23

OK, so SIM is all SERAMified. How are they actually using the channels? I can read the labels in the DB, but what do they mean? Operations, Commandement, OK, I can figure those out (maybe). But Regroupement? And what is the difference between Appel générale and Repartition?

SERAM - Systeme evolue de radiocommunications de l'Agglomeration de Montreal Trunking System, Montréal, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies

It was much simpler when most stuff was on 10-51, chiefs were on 10-52, and fireground was 10-53 and you had to be there. :)

And yes, I'm listening live.

Guess you've been gone from La Belle Province for too long Pete... The old 10-51...52..& 53 are back BEFORE the island wide merger that doubled the size of dept ..stations & manpower. And now probably 60% of all calls are now 1st Responder medical calls that never existed for the SIMFD/SPIM before. Old system could never handle the volume of calls now.

Regroupement. = Patched T/Gs alot of T/Gs are patched together

Repartition = Main Dispatch

Appel générale = General call on to ALL T/Gs

plaws

Premium Subscriber
And now probably 60% of all calls are now 1st Responder medical calls that never existed for the SIMFD/SPIM before. Old system could never handle the volume of calls now.

Yeah, yeah. :) I've listened to the previous two trunked systems but this is the first time with SERAM. I tend to ignore EMS calls because, really, who cares? I mean other than the patient.

Regroupement. = Patched T/Gs alot of T/Gs are patched together

Repartition = Main Dispatch

Appel générale = General call on to ALL T/Gs

Our local dispatchers used to like to patch everything together too, but they seem to be getting over that.

So, ignoring EMS, Admin, Logistics, Special Ops, Prevention, etc, if they have multiple Operations and multiple Commandement channels, what are they doing with the Regroupement stuff?

kirk23

Yeah, yeah. :) I've listened to the previous two trunked systems but this is the first time with SERAM. I tend to ignore EMS calls because, really, who cares? I mean other than the patient.

Our local dispatchers used to like to patch everything together too, but they seem to be getting over that.

So, ignoring EMS, Admin, Logistics, Special Ops, Prevention, etc, if they have multiple Operations and multiple Commandement channels, what are they doing with the Regroupement stuff?

Fron my understanding.. Its so a single dispatcher can handle multiple T/Gs at a single console during quieter times..
That's what i have been told.. I haven't been up to "Centrale" in over 25 yrs.. Since Reggie Campeau retired. So all my info is 3rd hand.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Fron my understanding.. Its so a single dispatcher can handle multiple T/Gs at a single console during quieter times..
That's what i have been told.. I haven't been up to "Centrale" in over 25 yrs.. Since Reggie Campeau retired. So all my info is 3rd hand.

The only time I've been there was in 1996, which is already 20 years and 3 radio systems ago. :D

Locking out the PR channels makes things much better, I've figured that much out.

One thing, though - do they dispatch car wrecks as "EMS" or "Fire"?

kirk23

The only time I've been there was in 1996, which is already 20 years and 3 radio systems ago. :D

Locking out the PR channels makes things much better, I've figured that much out.

One thing, though - do they dispatch car wrecks as "EMS" or "Fire"?

actually on BOTH
basic traffic accidents on 1st Responders Clawson Codes 29 BRAVO/X or 29 DELTA-X

if it involves a PIN JOB and/or a 400 (Ladder for Protection) then it goes out on FIRE T/Gs too

Status
Not open for further replies.