Serious MVC - Highway 400 NB between 88 and 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Dis

Reports that a tanker is involved thus flammable, hazardous gas is involved. Fire is "out-of-control" and multiple vehicles have caught fire. 400 is a mess right now. Bradford, Innisfill and Barrie Fire OS. Aurora OPP's got assistance from 407 units and the Toronto Detachment. Other services incl South Simcoe Police and York Regional Police. Highway 400 is closed NB from Highway 9/Davis Drive and SB from Innisfil Beach Rd. Traffic in between being turned around and pushed off ASAP.

Possibly one person deceased.

Last edited:

2Dis

Update: About an hour in, fire still out of control. Possibly a chain-reaction collision to a traffic hazard ahead. Reminds me of the other Highway 400 incident by Sheppard that happened a few months ago.

Sad, very sad.

2Dis

Update: Closures have shrunk. Highway 400 closed both ways between Highways 88 and 89.

2Dis

Update: CBC reports from OPP;

- 3 confirmed fatalities
- Collision occurred traffic came to a halt for a separate 3 vehicle MVC
- More than likely more victims still trapped in the wreckage of the scene
- Ruptured fuel tank ignited "fireballs" and a "wall of fire"
- Highway 400 may not reopen until Thursday (24h... lengthy closure)

Obvs now everyone can read via the media reports, etc. Won't be posting anymore!

2Dis

I was only listening in on an app so I don't have much information. OPP handled it over their Aurora/407ETR talkgroup (1OPS38).

Heard some talk from Barrie Fire TAC2 as they were reorganizing trucks, station assignments, etc to assist with this as well.

Hope this helps somewhat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.