SDS100/SDS200: "Service Search" on the SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
A couple questions about the SDS100-

1. Is there a "Service Search" feature like the PSR-800 and Radio Shack scanners have? That's where you can scan specific frequency ranges that are labeled "Aircraft, Amateur, FRS/GMRS?"

2. I want to see if I can monitor the employee radio traffic inside a Costco. Is using "Close Call" the best way to do this?

Thanks!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

1. Is there a "Service Search" feature like the PSR-800 and Radio Shack scanners have? That's where you can scan specific frequency ranges that are labeled "Aircraft, Amateur, FRS/GMRS?"

2. I want to see if I can monitor the employee radio traffic inside a Costco. Is using "Close Call" the best way to do this?

Thanks!

On SDS100 does not have search service. You'll need to use close call. If they use dmr or nxdn close call won't work dmr or nxdn.

N9JIG

Sheriff
CloseCall will work for the Costco application if they are using analog. On DMR, assuming you have the DMR Update, if they are using a repeater the CloseCall will detect the repeater. Uniden DMR radios do not detect mobile or portable transmissions on DMR due to technical reasons but they will hear the repeater if used.

At Costco I have usually found them on typical UHF business channels in analog, usually in the 457 or 467 ranges.

Thanks!

Costco should have a FCC liscense for their frequencies in ULS. You don't need to search for them. You can just look them up.

Find the GPS coordinates for your local store and compare to this:
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQMD311 - Costco Wholesale Corporation - Locations Summary

command_z

Premium Subscriber

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
The Costco I go to uses 467.8125; the FCC database shows it licensed to Costco in many, many locations:
Costco Wholesale Corporation License: WQMD311 It's analog simplex.

I used Close Call to find the freq; it wasn't too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.