Service to host my online scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I remember when you were banned from INA/INB and were begging to go back because you couldn't get with a real server. But then after getting tired of all of the lies and incompetence I moved back over to IBN and haven't had one regret. Guess Johnathan had to bring someone in so they decided to let you come back to INB. Now you come over to our server to try and get ideas. But instead of being inspired you take things word for word off of our server and put them on yours. You didn't even remember to change the places that talked about IBN but just plastered it on your server word for word. What a joke.

I guess Forrest Gump was right....Stupid is as stupid does.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
IBN... teamspeak

Well, guess I'll speak my mind now.

Having been on IBN, INB, whatever they are all called, multiple times.... All I ever experienced was a hastle, confusion and a headache.

Most people seemed to be very arrogant and simply just acted like they were god of online scanners.

Why in the world do we need so many "admins" controlling this stuff? It seems to me to be mostly a powerplay that those "admins" have for themselves.
People getting "banned" left and right, admins being banned, all this crap.

(By the way, there were actually a few admins that were VERY helpful in getting stuff set up and problems resolved.)

The answer now these days, is plain and simple.

ScanGeorgia.com Gordon is more than willing to help you get your scanner on-line and you have NO BS from admins (or whatever people running the joint is called).

No additonal software is required on the computer of the people broadcasting or listening.

My feeds automatically set up and sign on after a reboot, don't have to worry about the teamspeak server being down or some "ADMIN" deleting important info (that basically kills the server, sign-in names, whatever all this is.)

So ugh, Sorry guys, that's what I think.

Sometimes, you just have to give up and give in to something easier and requires much less stress.

Last edited:
The Scan Georgia site looks very well done. I really like the clickable map on the front page. It makes it very easy for users to tune into the area that interests them.

Thanks for the link, Terry. That was one I had not seen before.

bfd237

This is the most ridiculous thread I think I have ever seen. It trumps some of the best ones i've seen on the watchdesk.com. Can't help but think this resembles those All-Tell commercials with the differnt companies represented fighting with each other.Give me a damn break.

For Instance Mike...The State Of California Forbids People To Participate In Any Kind Of ContestAnd They Have Been Running Paging Contest Where Some People From California Have Done...I was Told This....Also Certian Stuff Has Been Such As Blackberry's Scanners ETC..... Has Not Been Given To People That Has Ordered Them....From There INA Points

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I have been using Pirmcast but Windows Media Encorder keeps stopping and I cannot get it to start up withouth hitting enter at user name and password to start the encoder.

So I was looking at maybe using Icecast as with winamp people can see the video tags but people with media player could still hear the audio
I tried primcast but my wifi would go down every so ofen and windows media encorder could stop working so I got rid of that.

what software do you use with ustream.tv ?
I need software to speak video but if my ISP goes down and then comes back up it will continue no matter how long the internet is down.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
Question

I just started using ustream.tv for hosting. It works out awesome - it's all free and they have no problem with scaleability. They are using flash technology for streaming, and it's worked flawlessly for me so far.

As a bonus I can also broadcast video at the same time (hence the .tv tld) so I have a webcam pointed at my pro-97 showing alpha tags along with it :cool:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/omaha-scanner

I think this is a great idea. But from what I can tell from trying to set this up is that you have to have a camera before you can use it? I am streaming two scanners now but the scanner that I also want to stream is only on when I am at the computer. I only want to stream it now and then and not all the time. Is there a place where I can do this that is cheap or free that is easy to setup? I might just buy a camera and try Ustream.tv to see how it works. I tried to see your scanner but it is offline at this time..Cheers..Keithmj

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I think this is a great idea. But from what I can tell from trying to set this up is that you have to have a camera before you can use it? I am streaming two scanners now but the scanner that I also want to stream is only on when I am at the computer. I only want to stream it now and then and not all the time. Is there a place where I can do this that is cheap or free that is easy to setup? I might just buy a camera and try Ustream.tv to see how it works. I tried to see your scanner but it is offline at this time..Cheers..Keithmj

You don't actually need a camera. Currently I am streaming only my live audio feed to ustream via a headless Windows box. All I do plug in a cord (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/253265-REG/Sennheiser_CL1_CL1_Mini_to_Mini.html) into the scanner and the other into the Windows box's sound card on the back of the tower. When you open up the ustream broadcast console, it will ask for permission to use the video and audio feeds. Click "allow." Since you won't have a video feed, it will automatically just use the audio feed only. So, in short, no, you don't need a webcam. For an example, you can check out www.iowascanstream.com.

My stream is currently using a spare Pro-2052, but it will be upgraded to a BCT-15 when I upgrade my mobile setup. When that happens, I will be using the same setup for the audio feed, but I will be using bcTool's remote control feature, using something like WebcamMax (http://www.webcammax.com/) to capture the remote control screen to show listeners what talkgroup is currently broadcasting. When using WebcamMax, ustream will recognize it as a "camera." But in no way is it necessary to use a webcam in order to broadcast on ustream.

Status
Not open for further replies.