Setting up a feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
I would like to set up a feed of my own. What scanner would I need for alpha tags

I also maybe wanna be able to login and change the channel if something major goes on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
Depending on what you plan on streaming, analog or digital, BCT15, BCT15X, BCD996XT, or BCD996P2. Using the record out jack the audio is preset so you don't have to fuss with audio levels.
Thanks I will looking into this scanner 996p2

rbm

I also maybe wanna be able to login and change the channel if something major goes on.

I have 11 private feeds and one feed on Broadcastify. (Uniden BCT15, BCD396, and BCD996)

Three of my private feeds are set up for remote control.

I use RemoteFS on an Android phone to control three of them and it works GREAT!
But, I don't do text tags on those three.

http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/315648-remote-control-app-android.html

Rich

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
Where do you get radiofeed from? Also what streaming service do you use for private feeds?

rbm

Setting up a private feed is easy. BUT confusing at first.

You need to set up port forwarding on your modem for the port(s) you will be using.
You will need one port for audio, and another for text tags or remote control if you want either of those.

You can Google how to do port forwarding for you modem. A sample for my modem is in the link below.
THEN, allow those port(s) through your firewall.

You can refer to my older post here for some help.
http://forums.radioreference.com/st...0-scannercast-port-selection.html#post2296833

In my case, I use ScannerCast for the audio and the FreeSCAN server for remote control.
And RemoteFS on my Android phone.

Since you can only use one program on your radio's port at a time, you either can send text tags OR setup for remote control.
But NOT both at the same time.

Then, since most people don't have static IP addresses and their IP address may change randomly from time to time:
Use something like no-ip.org to get your own host name that will not change when your IP address changes.
Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP

Then, you would access your feed using something like this:
http://myfeed.no-ip.org:12345
(replace 'myfeed' with your host name and the 12345 with the port number you set up for the audio)

Rich

Setup the port for ScannerCast:

Start FreeSCAN and then start the FreeSCAN server for remote control:
Port 1300 is the default. You can leave at that or change it if you have reason to.

Edit to add an image of my desktop while listening to a LOT of my private feeds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.