Setting up Louisville Fire Tone-Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewyb

I own a Uniden BCD396XT and I've been using it for a few years now. I'm trying to setup the Fire Tone-Out feature that monitors up to 10 different channels for paging tones (two-tone sequential, single tone, and group tone). I'm already able to monitor the two fire dispatch channels, 209 - Louisville FD Dispatch (Receive Only) and 210 - Jefferson County Fire Dispatch (Receive Only) but I can't figure out what frequency they broadcast on. Anyone from the Louisville area have experience with this?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well... this is a little complicated, but here goes:

Louisville Fire does not do a tone and voice "thing" these days (they did before the new radio system). They now have a station alerting system. I don't listen enough to be certain, but I think there is some type of voice announcement made on that 209 talkgroup.

For suburban fire districts, they do use a tone and voice system with their pagers being on 152.0075. This frequency is patched to the 800 trunked system on talkgroup 210. That's so firefighters with just their 800 radios can hear what is being dispatched.

I'm not sure what you mean by "10 different channels", unless you are also including surrounding counties.

You many already know this, but just in case. Your scanner won't scan when you are in Fire Tone Out mode. It will "listen" to just one channel at a time. Thus, for example, you could not be using Fire Tone Out for both Jefferson and Bullitt Counties.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Freq? Ummm METROSAFE 800 MHz P25 TRS. For the TGs you mentioned. Only the Suburban FD/VFDs still do tone out. Otherwise its Locution Automated Station Alerting with Silent Watch on the Dispatch TGs. As ofd8001 mentioned.

andrewyb

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's been years since Louisville launched the new communication system and I feel like I'm still learning how to setup my scanner properly.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's been years since Louisville launched the new communication system and I feel like I'm still learning how to setup my scanner properly.

You sure know how to make a guy feel old :p Just checking on some documents I have, I guess the system is going on 8 years old. But changes continue to happen. Oldham County has just migrated to MetroSafe and Bullitt County is getting ready to.

Status
Not open for further replies.