setup in Oddcast of two feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORE007

Feed Provider
I have been looking around but unable to find what I am doing wrong. I just added a second feed and got two scanners connected to my PC. I can hear them on the speaker and I can see the level gauge in Oddcast move for each left and right. The problem is that I cannot seperate them to the correct feed or cannot find where to do that. I added another encoder with the new feed login but now both feeds are streaming both scanners. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

richtidd

Database Admin
I have been looking around but unable to find what I am doing wrong. I just added a second feed and got two scanners connected to my PC. I can hear them on the speaker and I can see the level gauge in Oddcast move for each left and right. The problem is that I cannot seperate them to the correct feed or cannot find where to do that. I added another encoder with the new feed login but now both feeds are streaming both scanners. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Each feed needs a separate internal or USB sound card.
One Oddcast points to one card and the other points to the other.

ORE007

Feed Provider
OK, I will try that instead. I have seen a bunch of posts on using the left and right channel, which program works with that?

richtidd

Database Admin
OK, I will try that instead. I have seen a bunch of posts on using the left and right channel, which program works with that?

Yes you can do that too.

That is a stereo feed.
One radio on the left & the other on the right.
See here for Setting up your Broadcasting Station.

Set Oddcast to as follows:
Sample Rate: 22050 hz (22.050Khz) - For all feeds.
Bit Rate: 32kbs CBR for a stereo (two) radio feed. Please DO NOT select VBR (Variable Bit Rate) or Joint Stereo.
Channels:2 = Stereo
The correct stereo audio will come out the left & right speakers for the listener for a stereo feed.

OddCast Set Up:
Under Encoder Settings, highlight your feed, right click & select Configure.
Set the Bit Rate, Sample Rate and mode as listed above.
Set Channels to 2 for a stereo two radio. DO NOT check joint stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.