Severe weather due this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Louisiana is in for the worst of it. Tornadoes in the south are usually obscured by rain so visibility is at a disadvantage.

cajunjerry

Our last tornado 3 weeks ago in springhill Louisiana destroyed everything I have but my house and a dog house with puppies. I can't go through another

spacellamaman

i want my money back. i killed five hours in a perfect vantange point as the storms passed east west and south of me. none close enough for much of anything cool. i didn't even get wet. and even the dern sunset was sub-par given all the rosey predictions.

stupid storm prediction center. i was so optomistic. now i am jaded.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
i want my money back. i killed five hours in a perfect vantange point as the storms passed east west and south of me. none close enough for much of anything cool. i didn't even get wet. and even the dern sunset was sub-par given all the rosey predictions.

be greatfull your house is still standing. Others were not so lucky.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator

You're more than welcome to come down to Texas and see what you "cool" stuff you missed...like houses wiped out, families with no where to stay and other cool things.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Here in the Panhandle of FL suppose to got a nasty storm that came from TX. I was so tired Sat night I slept through it on Sun morning. I don't know what it did around here I noticed it knock some temp fences down on its side when I went to work Sun evening.

spacellamaman

I was so tired Sat night I slept through it on Sun morning. .

boy don't ya hate that. done that before myself...

be greatfull your house is still standing. Others were not so lucky.
You're more than welcome to come down to Texas and see what you "cool" stuff you missed...like houses wiped out, families with no where to stay and other cool things.

by the way guys i am pretty sure that the forum says storm chasers? the "lamenting the forces of nature and condemning those who don't do the same" forum is elsewhere.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
to spacellamaman - ah well you have a very good point, may the weather gods rain down on your place and rip it to pieces so you can report back to us that you got to see that very bad storm and not be jaded because the storm prediction center sent you on a wild goose chase. I dont really want that to happen to you but if it would make you happy that you got to first hand see that bad storm you wanted then so be it.

I say this as two posts above your mini rant a member lost a lot due to a tornado. I get you wanting to see an amazing storm but to chime in and say you want your money back, then end it with im jaded. i believe that post could have been worded a bit better or left out.

While I like a good storm im also happy when the prediction for severe weather is wrong as that means people wont be hurt and property not damaged. Try to find a good balance.

appalling_hauling

Premium Subscriber
boy don't ya hate that. done that before myself...

by the way guys i am pretty sure that the forum says storm chasers? the "lamenting the forces of nature and condemning those who don't do the same" forum is elsewhere.
I done that a couple of times not because Im a macho man (how many macho men does it take to change a light bulb? NONE! Macho men aint afraid of the dark)
More like a sinister work schedule pattern called swing shift which its victims must learn the art of sneaking naps whenever possible in order to survive.
What are a veteran swing shift workers last words? "Just let me nap 10 more minutes".
Both times a funnel cloud or a skip tube was twisting around within 3 miles and I was out cold. Family kept calling and I tossed the phone across the room. Too sleepy to talk

spacellamaman

[QUOTE="appalling_hauling, post: 3112650, member: 577048"
More like a sinister work schedule pattern called swing shift which its victims must learn the art of sneaking naps whenever possible in order to survive.
What are a veteran swing shift workers last words? "Just let me nap 10 more minutes".
Both times a funnel cloud or a skip tube was twisting around within 3 miles and I was out cold. Family kept calling and I tossed the phone across the room. Too sleepy to talk[/QUOTE]

i totally feel ya there. don't do swing shift but do have a medical problem that keeps me perpetually sleepy and sleep when i don't want to, so when it be came clear that hurricane florence was going to sit and spin, i spent two days reinforcing defenses and getting prepared for some possible problems at my house that a normal hurricane doesn't present (non-trivial flooding and pine tree root balls coming loose/crashing thru house).

i was so worn out after preparation activities that i slept thru the following two days during which florence actually dumped the rain. if anything had happened and anything failed (power for sump pumps etc) all the preparation would have been pointless cause i wouldn't have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.