Sevier County info, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Has been awhile since I have used a scanner and my ole Bearcat is history.
Looking at a new scanner and see that NXDN and TDMA are needed but also seem to see threads stating that much of Sevier county is now encrypted.
So, am I out of luck in listening to police, fire, park service etc?

Thanks and Happy New Year

n4yek

You can monitor Pigeon Forge Police, they are P25 and have their own system.
The Park Service is P25 so you can monitor them also.
As for the NXDN trunk system, it's encrypted so no use listening to that.

ron_tn

I just want to add that with all of the talk of NXDN being encrypted I have the Whistler TRX-2 and I am receiving Police dispatch out of Sevierville. 460.075000 tone mode RAN:44tg:* Some of you might be aware that whistler has updated to NDXN Trx-1 and Trx-2.they are have some issues but at least they are braking ice I think. I do hear police dispatch in NXDN

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
NXDN Seviervile

Thanks for the info, Ron.
As a new TRX-2 owner, this gives me a new 'opportunity' to see if my programming skills is any good.

Thanks
Doug

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The conventional NexEDGE systems are not fully encrypted. The Land Air Communications built and run NexEDGE NXDN TRS systems are indeed fully encrypted, including now, even the business users in Knox, as well as Sevier Counties. It will be this way until the next election cycle, someone dies due to lack of comms, or an higher LEA does investigations into the less than up front dealings with the radio systems. (Legal Issues are what are fixing Knox County Comms, and in TN thats what it usually takes to fix anything.)

Hahaha

The conventional NexEDGE systems are not fully encrypted. The Land Air Communications built and run NexEDGE NXDN TRS systems are indeed fully encrypted, including now, even the business users in Knox, as well as Sevier Counties. It will be this way until the next election cycle, someone dies due to lack of comms, or an higher LEA does investigations into the less than up front dealings with the radio systems. (Legal Issues are what are fixing Knox County Comms, and in TN thats what it usually takes to fix anything.)
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.