Sevier County...where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Have uploaded all, that I can find, and here very little.
Loaded conventuals, LTR and Tn network
I here some EMS, ema, park service and fire

Am I missing something

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LEA's are digital NXDN (NexEDGE). See aforementioned thread for further details.

n4yek

We talked about this back in October:
http://forums.radioreference.com/te...n-forum/276702-secier-county-info-please.html

Unless there is a fire call out, you won't hear the fire departments. There will be long periods of silence if all you can monitor are the fire departments.
Like others have already stated, NXDN can not be decoded by scanners so monitoring law enforcement is out unless you monitor Pigeon Forge P25 system

Last edited:

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Ill be taking a trip over there pretty soon I am going to bring my Kenwood NX-300 and see what I can hear as far as NXDN, we tried using NXDN one time in some rescue training with SCBAs on and it was horrible but normal use as with police and stuff worked great

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yea for some weird reason, P25 both I, and II, as well as DMR is workable with the SCBA systems. NXDN conventional, and NexEDGE/iDAS trunking is a nightmare with SCBA units. Not sure why. Gatlinburg FD last I heard though was using both the NXDN digital, and analog tactical ops, so maybe they have a workable sloution with the NXDN and the SCBA's?

cobraDIHO

Does anyone know if Sevier county's system is ultra narrow or just narrow NXDN? I see that they have emission designators for both types on their license.

Status
Not open for further replies.