Sevierville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Anyone aware of Sevierville PD switching over to something else. Not been able to pick them up last 3 days or so on either scanner. Have picked up few 793 & one 794 freqs in knoxville, couple of them knoxville pd and 1 cab co did not see them in database or on p25 system

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
From an earlier post 10-13-2011 "Sevierville Police use their conventional freq 460.075MHz 98% of the time and use the Land Air trunk system 2% of the time."

kel415

Premium Subscriber
talkgroup for LTR system

Thanks doctree2 for the info I thought I had that system in my pro106 but guess not. When I went to download the landair system it said I had selected 4 sites and the freqs must be assigned to the talk sys in LCN order or it would not work correctly so I'm lost on assigning them in order to the sites if that is what it ment. Any ideals that will help here or just load them anyway

kel415

Premium Subscriber
LTR system

Sorry for that post as soon as I posted that I remembered about the check mark in win500 for auto place and for some reason win 500 stop working and had to download again, thanks again

jfhtm350

I was up there last week and heard them, although that doesnt answer your question about the past few days.
I would just put them in order since you know what the order is. I dont know if i trust automove ltr setting unless i was trying to map the system.

Land Air Systems LTR Greentop Mtn site
Trunking System Frequencies:
in spot 01 put 464.15000 and
02 464.60000
03 464.45000
04 leave blank
05 leave blank
06 leave blank
07 464.41250
08 464.68750
09 leave blank
10 leave blank
11 leave blank
12 leave blank
13 leave blank
14 451.07500
15 453.87500
16 leave blank
17 leave blank
18 460.62500
19 453.38750

Do this with the other sites if you want them and you will have to create another trunking system. In other words you cannot put the english mtn site frequencies in with the greentop mtn site frequencies and vice versa.

My dad is a vietnam veteran too. maybe you would know him. He was in landclearers i believe.
Do you have your Pro106 programed in for the pigeon forge public saftey system?
Pigeon Forge Public Safety Trunking System, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
Im having trouble out of mine.

n4yek

I have a bad feeling that Sevierville Police have gone to the Dark Side. (Nexedge digital) I have not heard them either on any frequency.

jfhtm350

I found they just renewed their liscense on 10/13/11
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WNJC274 - SEVIERVILLE, CITY OF
under emission designators they have analog and digital voice (4K00F1E) http://www.ominous-valve.com/emission.txt
They still have 460.0750 registered and also 460.5000 (countywide law enforcement). Turn off your PL codes and listen for digital noise and you might want to check 460.5000 also.
Contact information is Land Air Total Comminications, Knife Works Lane. Is that what is was before? I assume that is who sets up the radios for them.

What about Sevier Co Sheriff? Have they changed too?

If they are not still on those frequencies then they must be licensed under someone else name.
Danny when I was up there, I never heard anything on the LTR system. It was a slow part of the day as you know so maybe they just didnt say anything. I cant remember if i heard sevierville pd, but I think I heard the Countywide law enforcement channel.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
sevierville pd

Thanks for the line up jfhtm350 I will put them in order and see what will happen and I have often wondered about putting talkgroups in same scan lists if it would work. I do hear sevierville dispatch sometimes on 460.5000 just telling the co. to send a officer somewhere and that is it. I still get all EMS, fire, and Pigeon Forge fire being dispatched but never any traffic on PF.I know that Danny said before they went to the dark side on us I know a detective in sevierville that a friend of mine (female) is dating I will see what I can find out. Did not get to meet many others GI's in vietnam but never know. If he made it back ok thank GOD, alot of them did not. Ronnie

jfhtm350

Yes you can put multiple talkgroup objects in the same scanlist. Even different Trunking sytems in the same scanlist in the Pro-106/197. Some other scanners you cannot do that like the pro164 i had.

Pigeon Forge PD is on the pigeon forge public safety system. Ive been having problems getting that one to program but i finally got it.

You can put the other sites from the LTR System and put it in the same scanlist but you will have to create another Trunking system object for each of the other sites.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can put multiple talkgroup objects in the same scanlist. Even different Trunking sytems in the same scanlist in the Pro-106/197. Some other scanners you cannot do that like the pro164 i had.

Pigeon Forge PD is on the pigeon forge public safety system. Ive been having problems getting that one to program but i finally got it.

You can put the other sites from the LTR System and put it in the same scanlist but you will have to create another Trunking system object for each of the other sites.

Im still trying to figure out this trucking system object for each one and put them in same list,not good on this digital system and pro106, but catching on slowly.Just now getting p25 system working some,, sounds good one time and crap next but been seeing on this site others have same issue must be in remote area Im thinking. How do you tell which tower it is when they transmit I can hit F2 then F3 and it comes up with a number like 855.212500 on p25

kel415

Premium Subscriber
What are you using to program your scanner? Are you programming the pro106?

I use win500 for pro106 seems easy for me to work with. I talked to my friend in sevierville today and he said that all sevierville law enforcements now have radio's just like the county uses, so now I'm thinking like Danny, I believe the dark side is slowly creeping upon us . He said he would talk to his friend at landair comm. and get all details but we know what that will end up being. I looked in my scanner and do not have pigeon forge system in there but will shortly. I guess park rangers and knoxville/knox co will be the topic for awhile

n4yek

Gatlinburg Police and Fire are Nexedge digital, you wouldn't here them. The ONLY law enforcement left you can monitor is Pigeon Forge Police on the P25 system, you can also still monitor the Interagency / Central Dispatch on 460.500

Status
Not open for further replies.