SF Feeds for Torch Relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Will anyone have a online feed during the Torch Relay Wednesday? As we already saw things are getting interesting and I have a feeling it could be a wild day.

karldotcom

torch-2DM0704_468x340.jpg

Lord Coe last night condemned the army of Chinese "thugs" who accompanied the Olympic torch relay through London.

The head of London's 2012 Games described as "horrible" the burly henchmen who barged their way through the capital, shoving the public and even police out of the way.

His trenchant remarks followed those of former Blue Peter presenter and torchbearer Konnie Huq, who revealed the Chinese minders barked orders at her and pushed her arm up to hold the flame higher.

Sunday's scenes, which were repeated in France yesterday, brought accusations that Britain had imported Chinese police state tactics to control the supposedly showcase relay.

Lord Coe made his remarks during a conference phone call, which unknown to him, was being recorded by a Channel 4 reporter who had been put through accidentally.

Referring to the Chinese security guards, who were in France yesterday with the torch on the next leg of its world tour, he said: "One thing in Paris is to get rid of those guys. They tried to push me out of the way three times. They are horrible. They did not speak English. They were thugs."

Wearing blue tracksuits, the 14 minders surrounded the symbolic flame, pushing anyone who tried to get near, as it was relayed 31 miles across London.

Miss Huq, one of 80 torchbearers said: "The men in blue perplexed everyone. Nobody seemed to know who they were officially or what their title was. They were very robotic, very full on, and I noticed them having skirmishes with our own police and the Olympic authorities before our leg of the relay, which was confusing.

"They were barking orders at me, like 'Run! Stop!' and I was like, 'Oh my gosh, who are these people?'

more here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=557941&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

I want to hear more about these "thugs" and see Chief Fong's plan (haha)

Last edited:

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe the run should be held in a state that still loves America. What idiot choose Californina anyway? We need a fence, not on the Mexican border, but the California one to keep the fruits and nuts out of the rest of our beloved country.

ridgescan

I live smack in old San Fransicko and couldn't agree with you more..the things I observe living here would never happen anywhere else.

gusbuster1217

skywatch said:
Maybe the run should be held in a state that still loves America. What idiot choose Californina anyway? We need a fence, not on the Mexican border, but the California one to keep the fruits and nuts out of the rest of our beloved country.
People never learn it's all about money.

Probably the biggest concentrated population of Chinese nationals.
Many cities in our area have sister city relationships with other Chinese cities.

kma371

QRT
So no one can help this person out in finding feeds??? Go to the wasteland with that stuff

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Well some of the Sacramento TV stations will be streaming live at 1pm too. Try KCRA.com - but those are not scanner feeds.

Gbcue

CBS5.com is the local station there and they'll have multiple live feeds.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hooray for China! They are not afraid to show how things are done. btw, We in Oklahoma still remember and will not forget our treatment by Californians back in our dust bowl days. Payback would be wonderful.

karldotcom

the torch was lit, then went into a pier building...has yet to emerge with all the cops and security.

KTVU saying PD lost control of the route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.