SFO, and San Francisco Police, for BCD396T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

va3mvw

Hi all,

I scan my local (Toronto area) public services (mainly Police) as well as Toronto Intl airport (air- as well as ground frequencies and Air Canada frequencies).

I will be visiting San Francisco in a few days. Can anyone tell me:

- Scanners allowed? (I am a licensed radio ham)

- Does anyone have files (police and airport) for the BCD396T scanner? That would save me a lot of work!

Similarly, if any of you ever visit Toronto, I can do the reverse.

Cheers
Mike

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Are you staying in the city of SF?

Here is a profile for KSFO and the SF Municipal TRS. The SF TRS has control channels for both sites. When you get there, if you're getting 'public works' and not public safety, simply lock on the active CC and allow it to lock on to the 'other site'. :)

If you need more profiles, let me know.

And yes, scanners are completely legal. No restriction in use in auto. It's no different than many other US cities. Simply be prepared to turn it on and show that it works at the airport.

Attachments

• sfo.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 74

gusbuster1217

Regarding airport operations, what is in the rr database works great for me. Depending what city you're staying at, you may or may not here the airport.

By the way, bring cold weather gear.

trooperdude

Database Admin
SFO is actually in San Mateo County ( a P25 UHF trunk system) (vs San Francisco County(mixed mode 800mhz trunk system), but the Port of San Francisco runs the airport which is 800mhz conventional for PD and 450-460Mhz for Fire.

Confusing enough yet ?

LOL

If you are staying IN the city, you probably won't hear much airport public safety traffic as it's south of the city.

Last I checked SFO public safety frequencies are separate from San Francisco City's TRS.

You should have PLENTY of listening with just the San Francisco trunked system.

Last edited:

Eng74

I have been staying in Foster City with a friend and have been able to get SFFD on my 396 but not with my Pro-96. If you are staying by the airport you can also get Oakland and Alameda County.

rooivalk

To cut down on geographical confusion: SF has 10 police stations spread throughout the city.

Downtown stations (if you're staying there): Channels PD-A1 and A2 which covers Tenderloin, Southern (south of Market Street, incl. Yerba Buena and Treasure Islands) and Central (Chinatown, downtown) districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.