Shack in a box

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
That's a pretty cool setup. The ability to hide it away without having to physically move all your stuff to a drawer or cupboard is a great idea. That's sure a lot of dishes up there. I'm sure the dog is an integral part of the shack. I know mine seem to think they are. What kind of dog is it? Kind of looks beagle like.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
That is BY FAR the best looking setup I've ever seen.

I've been looking at updating my layout - as I've outgrown my current "setup"...
... but there is NO WAY I'll ever top that !

Great Job

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Croaker90 said:
What do you do with so many scanners, moniters, and all that?

Are you some type of dispatcher, command center, or broadcaster?

I believe in his original post he said what each one is used for.

n8myc

mcema699 said:
How is the volume, given the radios being stacked like that?

I forgot to mention that I have external speakers for each radio stacked behind the 2 upper monitors on the shelf space. I didn't waste an inch of space on this.

n8myc

wogggieee said:
That's a pretty cool setup. The ability to hide it away without having to physically move all your stuff to a drawer or cupboard is a great idea. That's sure a lot of dishes up there. I'm sure the dog is an integral part of the shack. I know mine seem to think they are. What kind of dog is it? Kind of looks beagle like.

Yes, it is a beagle. He is 3 yrs old. I have another that is 9 and a beagle basset mix that is also 3 yrs old. No children!!!

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
n8myc said:
Yes, it is a beagle. He is 3 yrs old. I have another that is 9 and a beagle basset mix that is also 3 yrs old. No children!!!

I thought so, we have 2 beagles, one 5 and one 2.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That is by far the best shack I've seen in all my years of scanning, I hope to have a shack like that someday.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Back in my news days I didn't have quite that many scanners but I did have almost a dozen. It's funny, my wife asked me how the hell I can figure out what's going on with them all going. My answer: I just listen up for lots of tones or lots of screaming. :D

Love the set up, very nice. Now see folks, that's what my shack will look like someday. Yup. Right after I win the lottery. ;)

-AZ

SCPD

QRT
i guess i might be the only person to think this, but i liked your first shack more, thats just my opinion, i like the comm center look better than the closet shack look. either way its still cool.

n8myc

lakekid313 said:
i guess i might be the only person to think this, but i liked your first shack more, thats just my opinion, i like the comm center look better than the closet shack look. either way its still cool.
I agree I like the old shack as well. The reason for the major changes is that I bought a decent house that is over 80 years old at a fixer upper price. So as I roam around the house doing fixer upper things like ripping out walls and tearing down ceilings, I needed space to put things from other rooms. I hope to get back to having the old layout back but this is the way it is for now.
Thanks to all you guys for the kind words...Great bunch on this board!

SCPD

QRT
n8myc said:
I agree I like the old shack as well. The reason for the major changes is that I bought a decent house that is over 80 years old at a fixer upper price. So as I roam around the house doing fixer upper things like ripping out walls and tearing down ceilings, I needed space to put things from other rooms. I hope to get back to having the old layout back but this is the way it is for now.
Thanks to all you guys for the kind words...Great bunch on this board!
well good luck with the home,

Ahsv21

wow, I've never seen anything like that ever, though I havn't been in this very long and don't completely understand yet the reason for so much equipment, I'm in college and listen to an Icom ic-r10 from time to time, I think its pretty awesome, though my friends don't get it.

the setup is very clean though

Status
Not open for further replies.