Shelby County Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard how the tower construction is going in Shelby County?

No, but hopefully it's going well. Shelby County needs to get on the system full time.
There was a Fire in Shelbyville last night, and the radio traffic was horrible.
Constant keying up with no audio. Kerchunking of the repeaters over there is constant.
Get them on the system with an id, and that will take care of that crap.

ten78

SAFE-T in my opinion isn't close to the sound quality of MECA. No motorboating there

GTO_04

SAFE-T in my opinion isn't close to the sound quality of MECA. No motorboating there

Motoroboating is not necessarily the fault of the SAFE-T system. You are more likely to experience motorboating on SAFE-T with a Uniden scanner.

GTO_04

W9NES

I have (2) Uniden 396T's and (6) Uniden 996t's and when I listen to MECA OR SAFE-T I have not heard any motoboating with either system.I also use a Uniden 796D in the bedroom for overnight coverage for MECA and SAFE-T and again I have heard any motoboating.Where in the state are you heaing motoboating? I do not hear it on the NW Side of Indianapolis.

GTO_04

I have (2) Uniden 396T's and (6) Uniden 996t's and when I listen to MECA OR SAFE-T I have not heard any motoboating with either system.I also use a Uniden 796D in the bedroom for overnight coverage for MECA and SAFE-T and again I have heard any motoboating.Where in the state are you heaing motoboating? I do not hear it on the NW Side of Indianapolis.

I am getting motorboating on the Hortonville tower. That's good to hear you do not have the motorboating problems, but there are many of us that cannot say the same thing. It has been significantly worse the past few days for some reason. I'm only six miles from the tower so it is not a matter of signal strength.

GTO_04

khthomas1008

Heavy Shelby County Sheriff radio traffic on safe-T today...I also heard Shelbyville City Fire dispatch a medical run. Are the news towers up and running?

dc428

Heavy Shelby County Sheriff radio traffic on safe-T today...I also heard Shelbyville City Fire dispatch a medical run. Are the news towers up and running?

I monitor Shelbyville PD, Shelbyville FD, Shelby Co. SD heavily and they are still using vhf. Are they Simulcasting on Safe-T and VHF?

I'm planning on getting a trunk tracker portable do you need anything else beisdes a Trunk Tracker to monitor Shelby Co. Safe-T?

khthomas1008

Shelby County Sheriff's Dept has switched to full time safe-T. However, they still simulcast on VHF until everyone gets adjusted to the new radios. During Friday night's police action shooting everything was on safe-T. Shelbyville City still uses VHF...they are expected to switch once the new towers are up and running..not sure when that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.