Ship Bottom --- LBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyscan

Can anyone confirm the correct PL for Ship Bottom PD? Checking the database under Ship Bottom it shows 192.8. However under Long Beach Township which dispatches Ship Bottom it shows 151.4.

Also, under Long Beach Township it shows both the Ship Bottom and Harvey Cedars channels (different frequencies) as Channel 3.

Does the entry need to be updated? Hoping some of the LBI experts will jump in. Thanks in advance.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Ship Bottom PD operates on the encrypted DMR channel used by Long Beach Township PD.

nyscan

Can someone clear this up? The database under Long Beach Township says:

460.12500 KBB200 RM 151.4 PL PD 3 SB Police Ch. 3 Ship Bottom FMN Law Tac

Under Ship Bottom it says:

460.12500 KBB200 RM 192.8 PL PD / BP Police / Beach Patrol FM Multi-Talk

Thanks.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Long beach/Ship Botton 460.1250

Can someone clear this up? The database under Long Beach Township says:

460.12500 KBB200 RM 151.4 PL PD 3 SB Police Ch. 3 Ship Bottom FMN Law Tac

Under Ship Bottom it says:

460.12500 KBB200 RM 192.8 PL PD / BP Police / Beach Patrol FM Multi-Talk

Thanks.

This may be an older listing or seldom used channel (Ch 3) The 2 PLs may have had 2 specific uses then. However, Most of Long Beach is now using DMR for law enforcement. I am to far north to monitor. So if someone down in this area can monitor this frequency to hear what is happening on the channel and let us know, it would indeed be helpful.:roll:

nyscan

Thanks. I was last down there in July. Long Beach Township was the only PD actually using DMR. Even though they dispatch the other PD's it was on their conventional analog channels. I'm sure the plan is for the others (Beach Haven, Surf City, Ship Bottom, Harvey Cedars) to eventually switch to DMR. Maybe some have. I guess we need someone close to LBI to update us and the database. I'm only down 2 weeks a year for vacation.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Ship Bottom is dispatched on Long Beach Twp. PD 1. PD 3 was and may still be 460.1250 / 151.4.

My notes (which go back several years) shows OEM and beach patrol using 453.7500 D503. I will check it out next week and see what is actually in use.

nyscan

Ship Bottom is dispatched on Long Beach Twp. PD 1. PD 3 was and may still be 460.1250 / 151.4.

My notes (which go back several years) shows OEM and beach patrol using 453.7500 D503. I will check it out next week and see what is actually in use.
Thanks John. Wonder why they didn't keep them on a separate channel since they have them. Guess that means they are on DMR and encrypted as LBT is. Last I was down there in July Beach Haven and Surf City were in the clear on their analog channels as usual. . Didn't hear Harvey Cedars so don't know.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Harvey Cedars is also dispatched by Long Beach Twp on the same PD channel.

I think where the confusion is coming in is that before Surf City moved over to Ocean County, they were dispatched along with Ship Bottom by LBTPD on a separate frequency.

This is from an old programming file I have from 2003

460.2500 D503 Surf Cty/Ship Bottom

nyscan

Hi all...I started this topic almost a year ago. The DB for LBI municipalities has not changed despite the info in this thread. Still unclear which ones are on the LBT DMR channel vs. their own channel. Also are any PD's on the island in the clear or are all encrypted? Thanks again.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I haven't been down there this year, but last year Surf City and Beach Haven were both in the clear. LBT, Harvey Cedars and Ship Bottom all were on DMR and encrypted.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Hi all...I started this topic almost a year ago. The DB for LBI municipalities has not changed despite the info in this thread. Still unclear which ones are on the LBT DMR channel vs. their own channel. Also are any PD's on the island in the clear or are all encrypted? Thanks again.

The database gets updated when someone submits confirmed information via the "Submit" tab on the DB page (top right when viewing the county on the RRDB)

nyscan

The database gets updated when someone submits confirmed information via the "Submit" tab on the DB page (top right when viewing the county on the RRDB)
Yeah...I know...just was hoping we would have exactly that.

nyscan

I haven't been down there this year, but last year Surf City and Beach Haven were both in the clear. LBT, Harvey Cedars and Ship Bottom all were on DMR and encrypted.
Thanks again...Do you recall if LBT, HC and SB were all on the same DMR channel or separated?

Status
Not open for further replies.