Shot in The Dark Vehicle Installs

chaseboyer

Premium Subscriber
If this question does not belong here, please move it, I thought it did because I am asking about installs.

Those of you who have seen the Netflix show Shot in The Dark, do y’all happen to know what any of the stringers mounts are? Specifically I am curious how Austin’s 436 is mounted to the windshield of his Explorer, how Howard has his 436s and and other radios mounted to his dash, how he might be keeping them powered with no power cable running to them (surely they don’t run the entire night off one set of batteries, cause I sure can’t get that with mine) and kind of unrelated but does anyone know the iPad mount Howard might be using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't be bothered to watch it all over again to get a glimpse at the hardware.

If you can get pictures, I may be able to tell you what hardware it is. I work with installs like that fairly often.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
What ever you use make sure it's rock solid! You don't want a scanner becoming a projectile in the event of a serious accident.

My guess is that there are power cables, but the messed with the artistic vision of the director/cameraman and whenever they were shooting, they were unplugged for aesthetic purposes.