SIC Fire Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWatkins

A lot of triple dispatching lately....Ocean City on P25 system and Strathmere on their Upper Twp Freq along with SIC on their dispatch freq. Word has it that SIC is in trouble again; few certified members, police chief now in charge, again and slow responses, so now OC and Strathmere (and perhaps Ocean View as well) on all structure first alarms..this can't be good when the summer peaks and only reinforces the need for centralized dispatching and freqs in Cape may County

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is SIC has contracted automatic 1st alarm mutual aid from OC for a single engine response. Also, each weekend SIC is paying OC for an engine staffed by OC to sit in SIC station....this is supposed to continue thru Labor Day. Perhaps someone else has better details.

S

scanner1man

Who is SIC? For the people who don't live in that part of NJ. Thanks

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Sea Isle City (SIC). Ocean City (OC). Strathmere (Upper Twp). Oceanview (Dennis Twp). As for triple dispatch.....almost impossible for a scanner listener to miss the address of the run..... BTW: OCFD can still be heard on VHF.

DougWatkins

Sea Isle City...makes sense on what I've been told by a member of OCFD; except I didn't know about the paid crew on week ends-Strathmere is also on all of their first dispatches as of the moment..obviously, they can't get a large response form OC, the bridge is weight limited..and the bridge from Avalon isn't complete and it is weight limited...SIC has had a few unfortunate large fires within the last few months....bad situation

Status
Not open for further replies.