Signal Stalker II

Status
Not open for further replies.

_DeS_

Greetings,
I'm just getting farmiliar with my RS Pro-97. I was trying to use the SignalStalker II feature but with no luck. I was under the assumption that while scanning in SignalStalker mode, if I was sitting in a drive-thru say at Tim Hortons, who I know transmit over radio, shouldnt I be able to hear that ? or are my expectations of SignalStalker wrong ? or am I doing somethin wrong ?

Thank for any help guys...

Bucko

I don't have a 97 but do have a 2055 and believe it the same. I would guess it would depend on if you had the right All Ban Groups enabled.

jeffrey420

You might need to narrow it down to just a few bands. Most of the drive throughs I have found were between 400 and 470 mhz. You wouldn't need the 800 band or air band.

There are 9 or 10 differant bands for signak stalker.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
jeffrey420 said:
You might need to narrow it down to just a few bands. Most of the drive throughs I have found were between 400 and 470 mhz. You wouldn't need the 800 band or air band.

There are 9 or 10 differant bands for signak stalker.
Well signal stalker scans those 10 bands extremely fast, so there is really no need to disable banks to make it faster, because it is plenty fast. Lots of drive thrus in my area are on low band VHF, so don't forget that.

LarrySC

You just need 2 and 5 for most searching. Secret is antenna. The more ant the better it works. On the 2055 mobile I use a dual band commerical ant that just blows you away with the range. Good Luck

_DeS_

KCChiefs9690 said:
Well signal stalker scans those 10 bands extremely fast, so there is really no need to disable banks to make it faster, because it is plenty fast. Lots of drive thrus in my area are on low band VHF, so don't forget that.

So how would low band VHF factor in ? I'm sorry I'm really new to this scanning hobby..

_DeS_

LarrySC said:
You just need 2 and 5 for most searching. Secret is antenna. The more ant the better it works. On the 2055 mobile I use a dual band commerical ant that just blows you away with the range. Good Luck

I would think sitting in the drive thru,that I should be able to hear it ? maybe im wrong like i said I'm new to this... So what this dual band commercial ant you speak of ?

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Batteries

I continue to find that with my Pro-97 on disposable batteries and even on ultra high capacity rechargeables (>2600 Ma) that stalker works poorly or not at all. I toss some worn 2300 Milliamp rechargeable cells in it and it works great. Anyone else notice this?

-Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.