Silicon Valley Regional Communications System (SVRCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealthguy05

After a few years, sounds like Los Gatos PD has reactivated the patch from their T-Band channel to TG1251. Hearing traffic tonight.

brian95008

Premium Subscriber
I see SJPD has their first TG (1570) on the network although it is encrypted. Does anyone have an accurate timeline for other cities to go live --- San Jose, Campbell, Los Gatos, etc...?

Thanks,
Brian
Campbell, CA

ArizonaHeat

BCD325P2 Programming

I am a total newbie to trunking and have a Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 on order which I understand is a "Bear" to program.
Is there an available database that can be loaded via FreeScan for SVRCS?
I found a YouTube video for programming a 396 using FreeScan but not much else.

Calicrook

I see SJPD has their first TG (1570) on the network although it is encrypted. Does anyone have an accurate timeline for other cities to go live --- San Jose, Campbell, Los Gatos, etc...?

Thanks,
Brian
Campbell, CA

Hey Brian,
Little discouraging seeing that the first two talk groups of SJPD is encrypted; I don't think Los Gatos went live yet but I do hear a lot of traffic on it, still not sure what it is actually used for. I just grabbed one of those new Unication G5 phase II radios in the VHF and 7/800 and sold my bcd436hp so I can't wait for everyone to switch over!

baptistjcat

I was a bit discourage to see the encrypted channels. But one could only hope for the best. I thought that I read some were that san jose should be up by the end of 2018.

scannermike11

Banned
i have been told that San Jose is going to be encrypted on all their channels
all PD channels one day will be encrypted it will take some time but it will happen
one day

trooperdude

Database Admin

gvranchosbill

I just got done reading in depth the entire thing very informative.
I no longer live in that area so i wont be able to give any input other than doc i posted unless i find another doc regarding the system and users.

scannermike11

Banned
can anybody tell me even with a outside antenna and any radio type 2 radio i can not hear this system in Fremont
any where in Fremont even on very high area looking right at the San Clara valley

jland138

The simulcast cells are announcing Mt Madonna as site 6 with control channel 769.81875. This is the first ASR on SVRCS. Unable to copy that control channel in northern Santa Clara County.

Stealthguy05

Mount Madonna CC coming in clear in Downtown Watsonville with coverage all the way to the Fish Hook in Santa Cruz along Hwy 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.