Silicon Valley Regional Communications System (SVRCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Last edited:

mkewman

The system is still in the initial stages of development, it is not in any deployment stage yet, so at most you're going to hear techs, demonstrations and coverage testing from Motorola Solutions guys. This is typical of Motorola setups. It'll be at least a year before you start hearing public safety talkgroups on it.

dshafer1

Premium Subscriber
The system is still in the initial stages of development, it is not in any deployment stage yet, so at most you're going to hear techs, demonstrations and coverage testing from Motorola Solutions guys. This is typical of Motorola setups. It'll be at least a year before you start hearing public safety talkgroups on it.[/QUOTE

To my understanding, the cities of Santa Clara & Sunnyvale are going to go live sometime in January 2014. The rest of the county is supposed to follow within 6 months to a year.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Sunnyvale patrol units were being called one by one to go to the Corp Yard yesterday for "radio service" Perhaps installing the obvious.

I've done some really horribly hacky things to get SVRCS coverage added in batch fashion. It's not SDR like my usual stuff, but instead I have a PSR-800 set to record and I periodically dump it and pull in the results. Until there's a software phase II solution this is the best I can do.

Want to hear the early days of the system, including those calls from two weeks ago? I've got 'em.

Super Trunking Scanner: SVRCS [testing mode]

No guarantees on future availability or anything like that. This might just be a short-lived experiment.

jland138

Rachel, really enjoy your web site and the description of your work with the GNU USRP. Any plans to write up your experiences with SVRCS and handling P25 Phase II? I've been using OpenHPSDR (HPSDR - High Performance Software Defined Radio) in low frequency weak signal work for a few years, but haven't tried the USRP. Given that SVRIA issued a $180K purchase order of encryption in October, I was going to wait to see how much of the system remains monitorable when it goes live before committing to a USRP.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
What is the TGID for SNY PD 1 and is it phase I or Phase II modulation and apparently unencrypted?

I'll probably wind up writing about my processes if it gets to the point of having a real live production system again. Right now it's just a horrible hack job and has nothing really special going on. I just grovel around in those .AU files and get enough metadata to make the existing stuff happy.

The (suspected) Sunnyvale PD 1 TGID is 1751. I determined that based on context: listening to their chatter. I don't know any of the parties involved or this would be a whole lot easier.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
Based on further listening, it seems as if 1651 is likely Santa Clara PD 1 and the 35728 seems to be a San Jose test group

OK, I'll go with those as guesses for now. They've used at least 18 different TGIDs so far, with 1, 1751, 35728 and 65534 being the heaviest. I loaded in the latest batch of data from my scanner tonight so it's up to almost 1400 calls. I haven't listened to all of them yet but I assume it's still the usual testing stuff.

Stealthguy05

Premium Subscriber
The new Sunnyvale battalion vehicle has APX 7500s and a Astro Spectra (UHF-T) seems like they've been using the new system for playing around while out and about.

dofp

Nearly done with the Official testing

They are nearly done with official system delivery testing prior to implementation. Should be turned on in January sometime for Sunnyvale (as has been the common assumption.) Santa Clara should be roughly in the same ballpark time; perhaps nearly simultaneous with Sunnyvale. San Jose and Mountain View will be in the not too distant future.

OK, I'll go with those as guesses for now. They've used at least 18 different TGIDs so far, with 1, 1751, 35728 and 65534 being the heaviest. I loaded in the latest batch of data from my scanner tonight so it's up to almost 1400 calls. I haven't listened to all of them yet but I assume it's still the usual testing stuff.

dofp

Thanks Rachel!

Thanks Rachel!! I've enjoyed listening! Thanks for the info! Keep up the good work.

I uploaded another batch of calls. They've been doing a *lot* of testing in all sorts of weird places which give the current systems fits.

TGID 1653 appears to be SCPD 3 as per calls 2614-2620 or so.

Super Trunking Scanner: SVRCS [testing mode]

I'm assuming 1651 is SCPD 1 and 1652 is SCPD 2.

dofp

San Jose is in

San Jose is in, so whatever conflicts they had internally must have been resolved. And there are sites for San Jose ready to be installed. SJ will be implemented in "Phase 2".

I couldn't tell you exactly what is happening with the County agencies. The Master of the new System is located at County Comm however.

I thought San Jose and the Sheriff opted out of this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.