Simcoe (Norfolk County) Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hello.

I can sometimes aquire a good enough signal from my apartment to hear this talkgroup however most of the time it is kinda noisy.

I know that the Brant-Hald-6 Nations talkgroup would affiliate on this tower along with Norfolk's stand alone talkgroup and maybe Oxford.

Would any of the counties to the west, would they ever affiliate with Norfolk? I am not sure of the patches for anything to the west of Oxford County.

Secondly, Hamilton CACC Simcoe is active, what about any of the London CACC talkgroups, East maybe?

And finally, when there are calls in the west part of the county, Delho, Tillsonbourg, I hear the odd call share with London CACC but I rarely hear the Norfolk EMS switch to London CACC or even MOH Z1 T/G 34976.

Since it is too far to use Trunk 88 on this tower I will hope to get a responce from anyone out there.

Eric

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Hello.

I can sometimes aquire a good enough signal from my apartment to hear this talkgroup however most of the time it is kinda noisy.

I know that the Brant-Hald-6 Nations talkgroup would affiliate on this tower along with Norfolk's stand alone talkgroup and maybe Oxford.

Would any of the counties to the west, would they ever affiliate with Norfolk? I am not sure of the patches for anything to the west of Oxford County.

Secondly, Hamilton CACC Simcoe is active, what about any of the London CACC talkgroups, East maybe?

And finally, when there are calls in the west part of the county, Delho, Tillsonbourg, I hear the odd call share with London CACC but I rarely hear the Norfolk EMS switch to London CACC or even MOH Z1 T/G 34976.

Since it is too far to use Trunk 88 on this tower I will hope to get a responce from anyone out there.

Eric

I am down here in Nanticoke during the day for work so I will try and give the Simcoe tower a listen to today and see what I hear.

Matt

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I am down here in Nanticoke during the day for work so I will try and give the Simcoe tower a listen to today and see what I hear.

Matt

Thank you Matt:

I have another question if I may, you might be able to answer it if you work at Nanticoke:

There is a rail line that runs to Nanticoke along Hwy 6 then turns W-NW and runs along the north shore of the Grand River from Caledonia then along Hwy 54 thru Cigarette and cheap gas alley (lol).

I have never ever seen an actual train engine active here, at least not since 2007, I saw a train south of Caledonia along Highway 6.

Is this rail line still active? I know that Canadian Southern used to run thru Niagara-Hald-Norfolk-on its way to Windsor, I dont think any of it is active anymore.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Hello.

Eric

Hey Eric,

I can't get a good signal in my office but when the few minutes when I was outside I did see London East pop up for MOH as well as Haldimand and Norfolk for the OPP and Paris Maintenance for the MTO.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Matt:

I have another question if I may, you might be able to answer it if you work at Nanticoke:

There is a rail line that runs to Nanticoke along Hwy 6 then turns W-NW and runs along the north shore of the Grand River from Caledonia then along Hwy 54 thru Cigarette and cheap gas alley (lol).

I have never ever seen an actual train engine active here, at least not since 2007, I saw a train south of Caledonia along Highway 6.

Is this rail line still active? I know that Canadian Southern used to run thru Niagara-Hald-Norfolk-on its way to Windsor, I dont think any of it is active anymore.

Since I started working down in September in this area I haven't seen a train running along those tracks. I did notice that line does also connect to the three major plants down here, OPG, Imperial Oil and where I am at US Steel but yet to see them ever used. I know we have remote control trains used here at the plant but don't think I ever seen a regular train on the property.

Matt

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Since I started working down in September in this area I haven't seen a train running along those tracks. I did notice that line does also connect to the three major plants down here, OPG, Imperial Oil and where I am at US Steel but yet to see them ever used. I know we have remote control trains used here at the plant but don't think I ever seen a regular train on the property.

Matt
That stretch of track is used daily to bring LPG tankers from Imperial Oil and occasionally slag cars from the steel Plant up to the main line at Brantford. Trains run generally at late evening or night and some weekends.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Hey Eric,

I can't get a good signal in my office but when the few minutes when I was outside I did see London East pop up for MOH as well as Haldimand and Norfolk for the OPP and Paris Maintenance for the MTO.

Matt
I listen to this tower daily, and as Matt said normally you hear Norfolk, Brant, Six Nations for OPP. I have never heard the Oxford units affiliate with this tower, but due to the close proximity of the Woodstock tower I think there is good coverage overlap. I have heard London east and some times London City from the MOH but not much more from the west. Simcoe and London ambulance due call share, and use the MOH Z1 t/g. During hunting and fishing seasons you get a lot o MNR activity.

Andy

Andy

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wow!

I appreciate all the responces with all the information!

Thank you guys!

Simcoe is a wierd tower, sometimes I can get it here but 99.5% of the time I can hear it but its noisy.

Once I am up the escarpment I am able to pick it up, the next time I am out that way I will try to monitor this tower on its own.

jasoyeom

Simcoe Tower

This is the main tower I monitor and I have found the following:

Main TG's: Norfolk OPP, Simcoe AMB and lately London AMB East.

Hald/6Nations usually patched with Brant OPP and sometimes Oxford OPP.

Amb TG's Tac 1 & 3 for Hospital Patches.

Recently Norfolk OPP has been patched with Oxford OPP on occasion.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
This is the main tower I monitor and I have found the following:

Main TG's: Norfolk OPP, Simcoe AMB and lately London AMB East.

Hald/6Nations usually patched with Brant OPP and sometimes Oxford OPP.

Amb TG's Tac 1 & 3 for Hospital Patches.

Recently Norfolk OPP has been patched with Oxford OPP on occasion.

Thank you Jason.

I do see some sort of patch with Oxford and Norfolk from time to time.

b_lasalle

depending on staffing levels, time of day, Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk and 6 Nations will be linked together, this happens mostly in the evening and overnight and on weekends the ambulance service for the same counties are all dispatched on the same talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.