Simi Valley PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a number of years since I had a scanner and I just bought a Radio Shack Pro-160. Since I last listened, Simi PD has changed their system. Is it possible to monitor Simi PD with the Pro-160? All I get is a hiss when it stops on the frequency.

Thanks in advance!

Uplink

It has been a number of years since I had a scanner and I just bought a Radio Shack Pro-160. Since I last listened, Simi PD has changed their system. Is it possible to monitor Simi PD with the Pro-160? All I get is a hiss when it stops on the frequency.

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully you still have the receipt and you can take it back. RR database shows Simi as P25, so you will need a digital scanner. I highly recommend the Uniden 396.

Gord0

RatherBeInCabo - N6KES is correct. You will need a digital scanner for Simi PD as it is P25. They do not use the older non-digital frequencies. Most communication is on SVPD1 with 6 additional channels.The digital scanner will be useful in other Ventura County police and fire as well as in the SF Valley.

Oh well...I can live with the Pro-160 for now as all the other agencies locally work just fine with this scanner.

Thanks for the inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.