• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Simple Questions about 9/11 dispatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchful_I

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Are they suppose to know CPR?

Or does it vary from state to state, etc?

I dont know if any of the dispatchers on duty for the September 11th attacks were required to know CPR.

If you're referring to 911 (not 9/11) dispatchers, it depends. If they are certified Emergency Medical Dispatchers, then yes that is part of their certification requirements. After all, it is kinda hard to tell people how to do something if you dont know yourself.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
It's pretty much getting mandated that all dispatchers be E.M.D. Most major jurisdictions, they all go through training that takes anywhere from 3-8 months before they are turned loose as a call taker/dispatcher.

N

N_Jay

It is jurisdiction by jurisdiction, but there are groups trying to both increase the training and standardise it.

Watchful_I

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I dont know if any of the dispatchers on duty for the September 11th attacks were required to know CPR.

If you're referring to 911 (not 9/11) dispatchers, it depends. If they are certified Emergency Medical Dispatchers, then yes that is part of their certification requirements. After all, it is kinda hard to tell people how to do something if you dont know yourself.
Oops, I'm so used to using that format to refer to 9-11 that I used 9/11 instead. :lol:

The reason why I ask. YouTube - MSNBC Are 911 Operators Ready For Your Call?

Status
Not open for further replies.