Sioux County questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflackey

Asked this elsewhere but was told this would be a better place:

For Sioux County, IA, there's a single Fire channel, dispatch, 154.190, FM, CTCSS 94,8 Hz. I asked a friend who is on the FD for a list, and he gave me one. It shows a number of Fire channel numbers, some 155.400 and many 154,900. The show a "RX CSS" column, come with 600.9 as the entry, a couple with CSQ. They also show a TX CSS column, some with CSQ and many with 1036, They all are labeled as the TX Type being RCVR.

Then below that, there's a list of mobile channels, again some with CSQ under the RX CSS and some with 94.8. Same for the TX CSS, some with a number, some with CSQ.

Do I need to create new entries in my favorites list for these? I noticed last night, we have the local high school football field behind our back yard (so close) and the ambulance is there when they play on Friday nights, and last night I hear the guy in the ambulance tell the hospital he was on station there, but then at one point in the night, his lights and siren came on, and he took off, and I never heard anything at all on my scanner. I only heard when he came back and told the hospital he was back on station. I have all the Sioux County stations from RR entered including the EMS channel - I'm frustrated that we heard nothing of what was going on, as this is specifically the type of thing I got the scanner for!

Thanks.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Data Terminals, Cell Phones or text pagers are a secure method of communications. Most people carry them. as to your list, the lines with 600.9 or 1036 is probably a list of page out tones.

jefflackey

Data Terminals, Cell Phones or text pagers are a secure method of communications. Most people carry them. as to your list, the lines with 600.9 or 1036 is probably a list of page out tones.

So, if I don't have specific entries in my favorites list with those specifics, what will I miss? When I look in Sentinel, there is no option to enter 600.9 in a CSS field, or CSQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.