Siren App Update (next phases)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A long time ago Upman posted a thread about additional features for the Siren App. Tried to find it unsuccessfully.

At any rate, it seems like its been some time since we've heard from Upman on this.

Can he give us a report please?

I sure hope this won't deteriorate into pot shot taking. That seems to happen whenever someone posts a question with no ill will intended, when all a guy is just trying to get some information.

marksmith

I think they put out an Android version in the last couple months. Don’t remember anything about additional features, just the new version.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This would be the feature that allows remote connection via the internet to a scanner "back home". I know those with a lot more technical savvy than me have been able to do this a different way.

I suspect Uniden wanted to get the Android version out and bugs resolved before proceeding. Hoping that Upman could confirm this is true and if there was a timetable, etc.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I like that too. What I don't like is that I can't permanently set the app to mute the audio on my phone. I have a nice external speaker in my truck and I don't need the audio through the phone. I'd like to be able to set the volume on the app to mute and have it stay that way until I unmute it.

I would like to see the button labeling be consistent. Some of labled "cancel" while other are labeled "done". No matter what the label says, they do the same thing.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how the app works. The display works great in my truck. It's much better than the native display and shows much more information.

I like that the Android version controls the scanner Volume.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
The iPhone app needs a lot of work. One of them being what I have repeatedly posted...the ability to use Siren to turn favorite lists on and off. There is a bug where if you attempt to turn on FL20, it affects only FL2. The app will not do anything with any FL above 9. I really wish this would get addressed, as I want nothing more than to return my 536 to the car and control it with my iPhone.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes there is, but every time you reopen the app or even restart the computer and the app has to reconnect, the volume unmutes.

there is a app mute button below the scanner volume slider on android app.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
there is a app mute button below the scanner volume slider on android app.

Yes but what he is saying is he wants it to be permanent, not having to mute it every time you turn it on.

Edit: Sorry I responded before I got to GARYS reply

Status
Not open for further replies.