Siren sds200

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
The scanner probably doesn’t have the menu items to connect it to a wireless network..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you plug in the bcd536 dongle to the USB port on the front I wonder if it would obtain an Ip-address. I betting it won’t, but maybe someone on the forum here can try it.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
No Audio on my iPad nor my iPhone 7

Pressing the app's MUTE button results in an instant CRASH of the app

noaim

Premium Subscriber
If you plug in the bcd536 dongle to the USB port on the front I wonder if it would obtain an Ip-address. I betting it won’t, but maybe someone on the forum here can try it.

I’m thinking not because I’m not sure Wifi security info resides inside of the puck I think it’s controlled on He 536 scanner

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to set my sds200 to work with the siren and I don't get nothing. I did ping it and it shows its talking to the 200 the app doesn't seem to see it. I have changed the last number on the IP Address and nothing.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
I had to change the 200 to be Manually configured, including IP, DNS etc...
That allowed the Siren app on my iPad and iPhone to connect.
No Audio on the iPad however, and pressing the app's Mute button will crash the app...

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have uninstalled the siren app and install it on my iphone still not working. I've tried auto and manual on the 200.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Do you have connection and audio all the time. What device are you using to connect WiFi to the LAN port on the sds200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes connection all the time I set a static in my router so that it gets the same IP every time

I have a Cisco wumc710 wireless bridge
That I use to connect it to WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Yes connection all the time I set a static in my router so that it gets the same IP every time

I have a Cisco wumc710 wireless bridge
That I use to connect it to WiFi

Cool good news to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm Siren works fine with SDS200. All I did was hook up network jack to router, set for DHCP automatic IP. Entered the new IP into Siren and it works fine throughout my network. Using Siren on a android phone.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Can confirm Siren works fine with SDS200. All I did was hook up network jack to router, set for DHCP automatic IP. Entered the new IP into Siren and it works fine throughout my network. Using Siren on a android phone.

I would suggest setting it as a reservation in your router so that it doesn’t change

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
I had to change the 200 to be Manually configured, including IP, DNS etc...
That allowed the Siren app on my iPad and iPhone to connect.
No Audio on the iPad however, and pressing the app's Mute button will crash the app...

Same here. I can get audio to work occasionally by connecting to a 536 and back, but Siren quickly toggles between the two connections and the audio becomes real slow and choppy. Hopefully they're working on a fix.

SlyFerret

I tried it last weekend. It did connect and worked for a bit but it wasn’t stable. It crashed frequently and at one point stopped being able to see the scanner on the network.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.