Siren sds200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
It works on the iPhone XS Max with my SDS200, but it's buggy as hell. Such a shame that no work has been done on it...

bkramm

I can't get audio on a consistent basis. Siren always connects to scanner and I can control the scanner
but not always audio. Something I am missing??
Currently set as DHCP and FTP enabled as read only.
Was going to try a static IP but didn't know what port number(s) to set in my router.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I loved this feature too!!!, now i just need a list of what i need to get it to work on WiFi. Amazon links if ya got em. Thx.

I can't get audio on a consistent basis. Siren always connects to scanner and I can control the scanner
Was going to try a static IP but didn't know what port number(s) to set in my router.

Two things: First static IPs. You don't need to know any port info to set a static IP in your router. You are just telling the router that when device X comes online, give it THIS PARTICULAR address every time, and not some random open address.

As for the audio. The scanner streams using Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). This protocol only allows one connection at a time. So if you were listening on your PC, then tried it with Siren, Siren would be able to connect to the device over IP, but not stream because it had established a connection someplace else. When that happens, I turn off/on the scanner then try it again and it usually works. Usually...

phask

Premium Subscriber

You do not need to set it as static in the router (unlike the 536 that one must), note what the current IP is set in the SDS using DHCP, then set that address as static in the SDS.

You do not need to set it as static in the router (unlike the 536 that one must), note what the current IP is set in the SDS using DHCP, then set that address as static in the SDS.

One note of caution-Generally speaking, if you don't assign a static IP to a device at the router, you run the risk that the router will assign the scanner's address to another device later on causing an IP conflict. Setting the static IP at the router reserves the lease for that device only, preventing the risk of any conflict later on.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ive got a WiFi range extender in my room, it has a Ethernet port on it, so decided to try something, all i have is a unlimited WiFi hotspot, no dsl in my area, so I decided to get a CAT6 ether net cable, got it today, plugged it into scanner, ran it to WiFi extender, plugged it in, installed the app, entered the IP address, and the app is working great, scanning, audio works fine, reply, holding, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Update, it was doing good at first then it lost audio multiple times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it was really nice while it lasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I feel like if they updated the application I would actually pay for it