Siren sds200

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Interesting question. It does not have wifi but it does have ethernet. Which should be a million times more reliable.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Interesting question. It does not have wifi but it does have ethernet. Which should be a million times more reliable.

They also make a Ethernet wireless adaptor that you can use wireless with any Ethernet connection

Sent from my iPhone

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Is Siren still supported?

It has a whole 2 stars in the app store and hasn't been touched in 3+ years...

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Crashes often on my new iPad Pro. Usually relating to Muting.
The design is a lazy port of the iPhone version.
Such a shame that Uniden has abandoned it and never even tried to take advantage of the screen real-estate of the iPads or the larger iPhone X models.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I will check it out on Monday when I get the SDS200. You have to connect it with a bridge and cat5 cable to the LAN port, than I am sure there is some network setting on the SDS200 to connect to your home Wifi. Lets hope and see if it works. I am very curious to find out.

mam1081

Feed Provider
It works a little - the app will show what the scanner is on and the signal strength, but no audio comes out of the mobile device. Yes, I had the SDS200 front ethernet port plugged into the same network as WiFi of the mobile device, set the IP address, and it connected easily.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
It works a little - the app will show what the scanner is on and the signal strength, but no audio comes out of the mobile device. Yes, I had the SDS200 front ethernet port plugged into the same network as WiFi of the mobile device, set the IP address, and it connected easily.

I have older version of Sirn because it would not stream over Bluetooth. Maybe this will be Firmware upgrade to fix the connectivity in audio with the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ems170

Feed Provider
Has there been any mention to release access to the RH utility for the SDS-200 like they did with the 536? I still love the RH utility for IP remote control.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Anybody had any luck getting audio with the Sirn App. I am going to be bummed [emoji853] if it won’t work.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Anybody had any luck getting audio with the Sirn App. I am going to be bummed [emoji853] if it won’t work.

From everyone that I have seen no one has the audio working

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I got it to work by going into the LAN settings and messing with the IP address. Than I went back to the one that my
router assigned,turned the scanner off and back on and than I had audio coming through the Sirn app.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I got it to work by going into the LAN settings and messing with the IP address. Than I went back to the one that my
router assigned,turned the scanner off and back on and than I had audio coming through the Sirn app.

This is really awesome to hear because I loved this feature

dmaria

Works for me on an iPhone Xs. The audio lags by about 1.5 seconds tho. Didn't play with it long enough to see how stable it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.