SIRN

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Returned / Rejected WVSIRN FCC License Applications

There have been 12 WVSIRN applications pending for some time, 2-3 months for most of them. Looks like the FCC finally got around to processing them and returned every one of them because the county listed for all of them was RALEIGH, even though the sites were in different counties.

So yet another holdup for SIRN folks. Hopefully they'll get the applications corrected and resubmitted soon.

Mike

WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (ROANOKE)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (GLENVILLE)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (GRANTSVILLE)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (HARTS)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (PENNSBORO)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (SAND SPRINGS)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (SPENCER)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (CAMERON)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (IAEGER)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (MANNINGTON)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (TALLMANSVILLE)
WEST VIRGINIA INTEROPERABILITY RADIO NETWORK (WVSIRN) (WHITE SULFUR SPRINGS)

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike do you see any info for a new tower for fayette county? Their new 911 center is about done,but all they need is the tower to be constructed and put up before they can move in.....

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Fayco 911 center tower

Hey Mike do you see any info for a new tower for fayette county? Their new 911 center is about done,but all they need is the tower to be constructed and put up before they can move in.....

Hey Bert

I may be able to help you with this one:) All frequency info would stay the same, but the change would be reflected in the fixed control point (FX1 I believe in the FCC Database) transmitter location for the 911 center. Currently since the 911 center is located in Fayetteville, all the FX1 input freqs show Maple Ave in Fayetteville. Once the center moves (and it comes time to renew their FCC licenses) it would no longer show Maple Ave in Fayetteville but should show Appalachian Dr in Oak Hill.

From what I'm hearing it will be a monster tower! They shouldn't have any problem accessing all their repeater sites and then some lol

73s and hope this helps

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Craigsville SIRN

Craigsville SIRN is finally online:) The cc is 460.3625 and all info has been submitted to the DB. It appears to be sounding good thus far.

73s

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Awesome!

Craigsville SIRN is finally online:) The cc is 460.3625 and all info has been submitted to the DB. It appears to be sounding good thus far.

73s

Chad

That is great chad! I'll probably add that to my scanner but I highly doubt I'll even get a hit :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Panther (McDowell) and Glenville (Gilmer) sites

If you're near Panther or Glenville, you might want to check for the existence of a new site online in those locations.

SIRN recently submitted a construction notification indicating that there are transmitters in operation at those locations.

NOTE: Any of these sites might be using 454 mhz freqs as temporary freqs.

2-035 Panther (McDowell)

1-xxx Glenville (Gilmer)

So, if you're in those areas and are inclined to check, you'll want to check the frequencies listed above as well as any 454 Mhz freqs for the existence of an active [and not yet documented] P25 Control Channel with a system ID of 170 and a WACN of BEE00

If you do run across a new site in these areas, please report all information you can including primary control channel, alternate control channel, RFSS (Zone) and Site ID, Site Neighbors, other frequencies in use at that site.

Thanks

Mike

ScanFanWV

Premium Subscriber
TG 4390 Positive ID

Thanks to this morning's snow TG 4390 got much more chatty, and I was finally able to get a positive ID on them.

Bubba1661 was right. It is the Tri-River Transit in Hamlin.

At 10:00 AM, a woman named Pam radioed: "Tri-River, this is Pam on channel 1."

Earlier, around 9:45 AM, a woman named Paula, who is the boss, got on the horn and said, "Buses will keep running until further notice. If you are in an unsafe situation, pull over and radio the office."

So... will Bubba add this to the DB, or do I need to submit it somewhere?

Also, for anyone who sees this anytime soon:

The roads around Hamlin were becoming snow-covered at 9:30 AM. One of the drivers said it was ice coming down instead of snow.

At 10:00 AM, Pam the driver was in Huntington. She said the roads there were becoming ice-covered. Debbie, another driver, said her bus was sliding in a parking lot. She didn't say where she was at the time, but she probably was in the Hamlin area.

At 10:15, a driver named Junior said the roads at Omar are becoming "treacherous." He also says the roads at Omar were salted, but they are already becoming covered.

Extra info about the radio tower:

OldDeadOne asked a few days ago which tower I was picking them up on. I set up a talk system with just the St. Albans tower on it, and I'm picking them up crystal-clear in Cross Lanes. (I must have been picking them up on the Charleston tower before. Even though I could get them here in Cross Lanes, my reception was spotty.)

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Gawd,my jaw just dropped looking at the SIRN update for Nicholas county,holy cow...I just did a Win500 update for my scanner,now I gotta do it again! Eh,I wish I could just write over what I gots on file with my present Win500 file,I think I'll just start a wee bit over.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I just redone the one on my feed for Raleigh, removed all the private talkgroups out from Fire. Saturday NIght when I had to work took my gear with me and seen where Nicholas County had lots of traffic comming off of Ansted tower. Also just to note Craigsville is showing on Ansted and Glen Jean towers.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Site Neighbors

I just redone the one on my feed for Raleigh, removed all the private talkgroups out from Fire. Saturday NIght when I had to work took my gear with me and seen where Nicholas County had lots of traffic comming off of Ansted tower. Also just to note Craigsville is showing on Ansted and Glen Jean towers.

If I get a chance later on today I'll re-run PRO96COM and see if those site neighbor changes are reflected on Cottle as well. I noticed it was having some problems last night. There were multiple times where it would "shut off" and then go to the alt cc. I'm not sure what was causing that but it caused some of the units to go back to analog to communicate.

73s

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
If I get a chance later on today I'll re-run PRO96COM and see if those site neighbor changes are reflected on Cottle as well. I noticed it was having some problems last night. There were multiple times where it would "shut off" and then go to the alt cc. I'm not sure what was causing that but it caused some of the units to go back to analog to communicate.

73s

Chad

I just got through running PRO96COM and nothing has changed. The only Site Neighbors at this time for Cottle is Webster Springs, Gauley, and Sutton.

73s

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
With my blue led lighting up on my scanner,I finally got to see a Raliegh County talkgroup a little bit ago,Talkgroup 5113.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh Co

With my blue led lighting up on my scanner,I finally got to see a Raliegh County talkgroup a little bit ago,Talkgroup 5113.

Cool I think that is Raleigh Co Fire Talk according to the DB. A couple weeks ago I caught TG 5187 on the Mossy Site, it was Whitesville VFD playing with their new radios:)

73s

Chad

ScanFanWV

Premium Subscriber
New TGID picked up this evening

I picked up TGID 26373 a few times between 5:10 PM and 5:27 PM.

The first couple of times I got it, no one said anything and there was no background noise.

The last three times, it was apparent that a radio tech was testing a radio. First I heard the count "1, 2, 3, 4,5 / 5, 4, 3, 2, 1," then I heard some scratching noises, and finally, "Hello...1, 2, 3, 4...can you hear me?"

I didn't hear anyone reply.

This came over either the Charleston tower or the one in St. Albans - probably St. Albans because my reception was perfect. (I really need to get my towers sorted out.)

I saved the TGID in my scanner so I can try to keep an eye on it.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I picked up TGID 26373 a few times between 5:10 PM and 5:27 PM.

The first couple of times I got it, no one said anything and there was no background noise.

The last three times, it was apparent that a radio tech was testing a radio. First I heard the count "1, 2, 3, 4,5 / 5, 4, 3, 2, 1," then I heard some scratching noises, and finally, "Hello...1, 2, 3, 4...can you hear me?"

I didn't hear anyone reply.

This came over either the Charleston tower or the one in St. Albans - probably St. Albans because my reception was perfect. (I really need to get my towers sorted out.)

I saved the TGID in my scanner so I can try to keep an eye on it.

I heard those too and called the radio tech. He is testing more options for KVRTA (City Buses). I heard him say " Test 123 bus 907", that's when I called him.
The 5 digit TG's are what shows up during testing. Then he will assign a 67xx tg to each 5 digit tg.