SIRN

ScanFanWV

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bubba,

Thanks for explaining the TG numbers. I looked in the DB and saw some 5-digit numbers identified as belonging to specific entities, such as Stonewood VFD - Private, so I thought this might be a private TG.

Nice to know there will be more KRT TGs, too. I never thought I would want buses, but I was so impressed with how Tri-River reported road conditions during that last snowstorm that I put them and KRT in their own scan list so I can listen for road reports. (KRT is good for traffic, too! :D)

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Bubba,

Thanks for explaining the TG numbers. I looked in the DB and saw some 5-digit numbers identified as belonging to specific entities, such as Stonewood VFD - Private, so I thought this might be a private TG.

Nice to know there will be more KRT TGs, too. I never thought I would want buses, but I was so impressed with how Tri-River reported road conditions during that last snowstorm that I put them and KRT in their own scan list so I can listen for road reports. (KRT is good for traffic, too! :D)

I am one of the pm dispatchers, I go back tomorrow night. 1:45pm - 1:05am.

ScanFanWV

Premium Subscriber
New TGID 3927

I picked up another tech testing another radio at 4:00 PM this afternoon. This time the TGID was 3927. The conversation was:

"100 Randolph Golf." (I think he said "Golf")
"100 Go ahead."
"How does this radio sound?"
"Clear."
"Have another test on a mobile."

I didn't hear anything more after that.

I checked the DB, and 39xx seems to be on the far side of the state: Upshur, Pendleton, Pocahontas, Webster, and Randolph counties.

I guess this guy could have been in Randolph County, and I just got lucky.

w8mkh

HEARING 9143 DNR TALKING on the Parkersburg site
Also have been hearing units testing also noticed mil tgs on air last night
Most traffic here is 9011 9013 plus hearing more from the med tgs
Good to hear the system being used

w8mkh

Parkersburg is hard to figure.
The Parkersburg Fire Dept is on vhf p-25 and it seems to be working fine
PD still is on 155.490 analog and on the old 800 ltr sys with very little p-25 on vhf.
Have heard Sheriff several times
Looks like the Washington county sheriff is going to Marcs
Been hearing a lot of traffic on the new First energy vhf p-25 system The vienna tower is in line of sight of my barn .

Johnstino

Weirton Tower

Does anyone know when the Weirton (Hancock) tower will go on line? Also, will there be another tower further north or will Chester and New Cumberland be able to hit the Weirton tower?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know when the Weirton (Hancock) tower will go on line? Also, will there be another tower further north or will Chester and New Cumberland be able to hit the Weirton tower?

Somebody from SIRN knows, I'm sure. Otherwise, if anyone knows they haven't said. It's easy as pie to know if/when it comes online. Just scan 450-465 Mhz every couple of days and make note of any new P25 control channel you find. If you find a new one, there is a 99.9999% likelihood that it'll be the Weirton site.

Chester / New Cumberland will likely be able to hit the Archer Heights transmitter location. Of course, the only users in Hancock likely to be on the system are WVSP. This is probably why it hasn't come online yet. There just isn't demand. Low Band (42/45 mhz) and the 453/458 mhz extenders have worked fine for years. It wouldn't surprise me if Weirton doesn't come online for a long time given the only regular user would be WVSP.

Mike

Johnstino

Weirton Tower

That makes sense. Brooke County uses talk groups on the Ohio County site for EMA and occasionally sherif communication. I hear a lot of WVSP traffic on WVIRN as well as low band. With all of the problems Hancock County has with radio communication you think they would pursue the WVIRN. I have not even heard them mention it as a possibility. Thanks for the reply.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That makes sense. Brooke County uses talk groups on the Ohio County site for EMA and occasionally sherif communication. I hear a lot of WVSP traffic on WVIRN as well as low band. With all of the problems Hancock County has with radio communication you think they would pursue the WVIRN. I have not even heard them mention it as a possibility. Thanks for the reply.

I have never heard Hancock mention it either. And, you're not kidding about the radio problems. I think they'd really benefit from SIRN. Then again, the HCSO is quite chatty. I think they'd have to tame down their use of radios for fear of overloading a SIRN site with radio traffic. They just don't shut up for a moment.

Mike

Johnstino

To my knowledge there is virtually no interoperability between. Hancock , Brooke and Ohio Counties. During pursuit or incidents on county lines I am almost certain they communicate by phone between dispatchers. Interoperability in those counties is good with WVSP.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
PSR-600 Question

Hi,All I have a few questions about this system..I live in Ky just across from Wayne County and i get a great signal on one of the towers from there..My Question is i am using the psr edit software and the rr database to automatically program the psr 600.Must i edit anything to make this system trunk properly or are all the correct settings downloaded from RR?It will stop on occasion Show an id or 2 then take off scanning again..I must be doing something wrong,,Any help appreciated

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi,All I have a few questions about this system..I live in Ky just across from Wayne County and i get a great signal on one of the towers from there..My Question is i am using the psr edit software and the rr database to automatically program the psr 600.Must i edit anything to make this system trunk properly or are all the correct settings downloaded from RR?It will stop on occasion Show an id or 2 then take off scanning again..I must be doing something wrong,,Any help appreciated

You should just program in the two known control channels for any given site and then set the Trunked System Type to P25 Auto.

If you don't set it to P25 Auto, then you'd need to manually add the correct bandplan in.

Mike