SIRN

Johnstino

Home patrol mystery

I can’t tell you how many times I refreshed or updated the firmware in hopes I had done something wrong previously. For the 4 or 5 years I’ve had the HP I have been able to monitor the original Ohio County talkgroup and then their SIRN talkgroup with the stock HP antenna. The State Police talkgroup is being received but not Ohio County or Marshal County as before. I’m losing my mind over this.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I can’t tell you how many times I refreshed or updated the firmware in hopes I had done something wrong previously. For the 4 or 5 years I’ve had the HP I have been able to monitor the original Ohio County talkgroup and then their SIRN talkgroup with the stock HP antenna. The State Police talkgroup is being received but not Ohio County or Marshal County as before. I’m losing my mind over this.

Its got to be something with Ohio County Simulcast on your home patrol. I bought the SDS100 and have no problems, but with my BCD536 I do have problems receiving Ohio County Simulcast.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Hey I think I figured out something wrong at the OC site, it's not transmitting the bandplan over the CC anymore. When I monitor it with DSD+ the frequencies won't show in the channel activity window and if I have it in CC/VC mode with two dongles it won't monitor the voice grants. I still see activity on the CC in the event log window but that's it.

When I hit 'n' to repopulate the neighbor list and bandplan, the bandplan does not show, only the neighbors. Something's Fooky...

mule1075

Feed Provider
Hey I think I figured out something wrong at the OC site, it's not transmitting the bandplan over the CC anymore. When I monitor it with DSD+ the frequencies won't show in the channel activity window and if I have it in CC/VC mode with two dongles it won't monitor the voice grants. I still see activity on the CC in the event log window but that's it.

When I hit 'n' to repopulate the neighbor list and bandplan, the bandplan does not show, only the neighbors. Something's Fooky...
You could be on to something. Certain times of day I completely lose the ability to receive the system this is on a sds100 and a 996t. This has only started to happen to me in the past 5 days. Prior to that I have had no trouble receiving the system since it came online.

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
My Unication G5 wouldn't receive the Ohio County site, last time I was in Wheeling about a month ago. Never had a problem before that. Definitely something going on with that site.

redbeard

Database Admin

kc8iqz

Tack channels for Berkeley County

I was under the assumption that when the dispatcher would refer a unit to a TACK channel, that channel was an encrypted channel. Last night I was told by a member of the fire unit that is not the case. I can't seem to find what the TACK channels are. Can anyone comment on this? Are there unencrypted TACK channels, and how do I find them?

Thanks

Gary KC8IQZ

mule1075

Feed Provider
I was under the assumption that when the dispatcher would refer a unit to a TACK channel, that channel was an encrypted channel. Last night I was told by a member of the fire unit that is not the case. I can't seem to find what the TACK channels are. Can anyone comment on this? Are there unencrypted TACK channels, and how do I find them?

Thanks

Gary KC8IQZ
Just look into the database for tgids marked fire -tac law-tac etc.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber

Thanks

Gary KC8IQZ

Sirn database.

West Virginia Statewide Interoperability Radio Network (SIRN) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

redbeard

Database Admin

Thanks

Gary KC8IQZ

TAC stands for 'tactical' and that is just a name given to channels needed 'in the moment' vs regualr dispatch or other designated talkgroups. As it is just a name and the talkgroup is just a talkgroup, there is no reason to assume it is or is not encrypted. Typically law enforcement are the only ones to encrypt. Sometimes they encrypt everything, sometimes only when the need arises for security. There are exceptions of course such as Fire/EMS agencies that also use encryption but they typically do not.

As others have said, reference the database for the tactical talkgroups for your area and you can program your device with the proper talkgroup number. A quick look shows 9 TAC channels for Berkeley, and only the arson investigation channel seems to use encryption.

kc8iqz

Many thanks. I found the TGs and am listening to my HP-1 and seeing the TG display and finding it on the list. I'm learning....slowly. The grey cells work slower these days.

Gary KC8IQZ

Johnstino

Ohio County

Any news to report on the Ohio County Simulcast? I am still unable to monitor it or Marshall county for some reason. I don’t want to go and buy an external antenna when I never needed on in the past.
I am still updating Sentinel and the HomePatrol every few days in hopes it resolves the issue.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I added the band plan for the system that was in my sds100 to my 996t and it is receiving as it should. I don't remember if there is a way to edit the bandplan in the homepatrol or not.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Here is the bandplan if anyone needs it.
8341c43da854b1b2e5e040de5774119a.jpg