Site/system download issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLunch

Whenever I try and download a site/system from RR DB it never works. I put in the SID into the right system on the main unitrunker page. I click the wheel on the site info page and put in my login info. It downloads the DB file(s) but then nothing changes. I have had it work, but only after re-installing unitrunker and then after that, if I try and listen to another system and download it from RR DB it doesn't work again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NoLunch

1328 - Edmonton Public Safety & Public Works Trunking System, Edmonton, Alberta - Scanner Frequencies

I should mention that they do change their control channel on a day to day basis for the most part. It might have something to do with me not being able to download the system from RR db, but I'm unsure. I also found out that instead of deleting everything and doing a fresh install that I just delete all my previous systems and re-capture the one I want to download, it'll work. However I don't want to delete all my systems every time I want to listen to a new one.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks!

Based on your comments above - I'm guessing the problem is the program is unable to associate a new EDACS site with a previously logged EDACS site.

There is no system identity broadcast over an EDACS control channel. The most the program can do is match the site number, control channel LCN number, and control channel frequency to a previously logged site. It's that last part - the frequency - that the program is likely missing.

If your signal receiver doesn't have a way to tell the program the active control channel frequency - you'll have to provide it manually. On the site window where it says "Frequency Needed!" - click on the cell for the control channel frequency, press F2 (for edit mode) and type in the frequency. Press enter.

If those three things (site #, LCN#, frequency) match a previously logged site - the program will switch to that site.

The example you give is a single site "Island" system. If this was a new site for which you've previously downloaded data - you can use the consolidate feature to merge the new site with an existing logged system.

If you plan to monitor one site only - and that site's control channel changes often (once a day or more), you can look into using the "Dedicated" site lock option in the receiver window. Be sure to turn it off when monitoring a different site or system.

Status
Not open for further replies.