Sitting here trying to download.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefite

I’m a new pro member and I’m trying to download some trunk frequencies. I’m using arc250 basic and the uniden bc250d. I go to the page on Radio refrence and click on the upper right hand word “download and all that happens is it sends me to how to download which I read and go back to the page I was on. Where am I going wrong? Software? Or what? Dave Ohio Port Clinton.

MFD4305

The Software Does It

You need to review the manual that came with your software. If you have a premium subscription [which you do] the automated download function is initiated by your software, not a command on the RR site.

captclint

Mentor
I’m a new pro member and I’m trying to download some trunk frequencies. I’m using arc250 basic and the uniden bc250d. .
Welcome to RR. On menu item in ARC250, click "Internet", Radio Ref. This will bring up a page that asks for you user name and PW for RR. Enter them, select State, County, then click Conventional Frequencies. A list for the entire county will appear under data. Select all or just some of them, and then hit import. This will bring them into ARC250. After you are satisfied with what you have downloaded, click the icon with the red arrow to send the data to the scanner.

For trunking systems, you just repeat the whole thing, by select trunking systems. I don't know if the 250 does Control Channel only. If not, be sure to click on the tab Trunk Options, and click import all. Don't forget to click on the import bank , starting at in the lower left. You must select a new bank for each trunking system, although you may be able to add conventional to them later. Best to check the manual about mixing trunking and conventional.

If you need any state agencies, repeat, but don't select a county. Then click on Agencies, and the state agencies will come up.

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
I don't see anything that says internet? I have basic Does that matter?
It shouldn't. I have several ARC programs, and they all have an Internet menu at the top bar. Since I do have the PRO version, you are going to have to look at the help file that explains how to connect to RR.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
On the top menu, select Internet then RadioReference WebService
This will open the standard RadioReference import dialog where you enter your username and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.