SJCFR Brush Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
There are 2 very large fires nnow in SJC. B2 is handaling one near 214 and carter rd., that is 45 acres. The other is near coqina crossing and county 5 is handling that, unown size. DOF, putnam, and flagler counties are on scene. Fire 1 is on tac 2, ,fire 2 is on tac 13. is the DB right for 13's freq, cause i cant hear it, so if anyone can help on that please do. sorry for any typos, i typed this very fast.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Fireflight is on scene, they are doing water drops at the carter rd fire, #1, which is now 50-60 acres. Mobile command is on scene as well as multiple tankers from flagler and putnam. All county tankers are at one of these fires, and some where around 10 engines or more. JRFD has a 5 engine task force standing by at the county EOC. 214 and parts of holmes blvd are closed.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
sjcscanner said:
is the DB right for 13's freq, cause i cant hear it, so if anyone can help on that please do. sorry for any typos, i typed this very fast.
You probably won't hear it unless you are close to the scene. AFAIK, DOF fireground frequencies are not repeated.

rfburns

The fire north of 4 and west of 95 shows up well on the satellite. Plume of smoke is about 25 miles long going out over the ocean.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
rfburns said:
The fire north of 4 and west of 95 shows up well on the satellite. Plume of smoke is about 25 miles long going out over the ocean.

Can you give me the site you are viewing it in? thanks. i know someone who drove through that fire that said it was like nothing they had ever seen before.

rfburns

5 Separate Fires Now

The satellite now shows 5 reasonable size fires. The one north of 4 appears to have crossed 95 and is about 1.5 mi east of 95 now. (Sometimes the satellite is off a little bit.) I'll try to come up with some rough locations on the other four fires.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I came to work around 5pm and sat outside by the rail for 20 mints and there was 7 cop cars and a few from F/R and mobile command sat in the parking lot. I talked to deputy and he stated there was 2 fires I was like damn that sucks. I have some friends from the F/R went there and I did hear DOF VHF channels for awhile before I went to work. I hope it will not be 98 again!

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
I came to work around 5pm and sat outside by the rail for 20 mints and there was 7 cop cars and a few from F/R and mobile command sat in the parking lot. I talked to deputy and he stated there was 2 fires I was like damn that sucks. I have some friends from the F/R went there and I did hear DOF VHF channels for awhile before I went to work. I hope it will not be 98 again!

I hear ya, its not gonna be 93 again but we do have a lake wind advisory and red flag warning again. Also the fire weather danger is upgraded to extreme: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/fire_wx/ Looks like the start of a bad summer... Also, does the F/R have their own mobile command or where they using the SO's?

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I looked at the link last night after work. The F/R looks like they are using the SO Command Center I saw a few stickers on it. I open the back door a few times last night and saw live trucks all over the place. They must used about half of the parking lot for awhile. I am glad no one got hurt and no one lost any homes that is good news to hear! As of 10am sounds like they are still out there keeping it eye on it.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
I looked at the link last night after work. The F/R looks like they are using the SO Command Center I saw a few stickers on it. I open the back door a few times last night and saw live trucks all over the place. They must used about half of the parking lot for awhile. I am glad no one got hurt and no one lost any homes that is good news to hear! As of 10am sounds like they are still out there keeping it eye on it.

Yeah i dont think they can really try and put it out anymore, just let it burn out and make sure it doesnt jump the fireline.
Has anyone been listening today, cause i havent been able to. If so could you please give me an update, and possibly the units on scene? thanks

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I listen to some of DOF/SJCFR looks like they were watching it and doing mop up. It still smokey bad at 214/Holems Blvd at 2am.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
bravo14 said:
I listen to some of DOF/SJCFR looks like they were watching it and doing mop up. It still smokey bad at 214/Holems Blvd at 2am.

From what i heard last night, i think they have carter road command, usually a tanker, brush 5, utility 6, engine 23, just standing by.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Here we go again... There is another fire in Putnam county, in the Whispering Pines area. About 160 acres, not contained. Most traffic is on Putnam Incident Command channel, Putnam OPS 3, and some traffic on St.Johns County Tac 2 (it is patched with some putnam county channel). SJC has engine 14 there, and Volusia County is too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.