• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

skip blowing in tonight. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuddendeath

not sure what is going on but I made several contacts on LSB channel 38 to CA and AZ out of CO. They said I was blowing them out over 20db. Even heard loads on 19 from all over.

asuddendeath

I'm in Colorado and made multiple contacts in Arizona and California. Happen right around Sunset and continued with high levels for another hour or so

asuddendeath

I heard a whole bunch blowing in from Mexico two or three days ago as well. The contacts I did make where on channel 38 lower sideband

swen_out_west

Finally, It's been pretty slow for the last month. Hoping it does a repeat of last spring or even around the holidays. That was awesome.

Started thinking that Roger finally shot Skip and killed him.

Every once in a while here i get stations from the great lakes area and the southern states. This is confirmed by beacons on the 10m band. Also the Canadian maritime provinces.

This proves the band still opens some times even if we are at the bottom of the solar cycle.
"Sporadic E" skip is just that: sporadic !

Ravenkeeper

Yesterday, my son and I went to go do some audio work at the base chapel, and listened to someone in Mojave talking to someone in FL, on CH19. Switched to 38L, and heard some skip going on. Got my son and I to talking about CBs and HAM radios. When we got home, we tore my antenna apart, and rebuilt it. Needed to retune it anyways, from changing the spring out, which is why I didn't attempt to make contact with anyone, via skip.

PS: What do you all mean Roger That shot Skip? Skip who?

asuddendeath

Its been real quite in Colorado the last few days. Looking forward for stuff to start blowing in again.

TenSleep440

Been quiet here in the north east corner of Texas, it's giving me time to get my tower finished and the new radio shack is in the factory being built now.

kf6irk

I haven't listened in on the 11m band for a long time. I started in 1962 with a 3-transistor walkie talkie, then moved up to a 5-channel Hallicrafters CB-20 mobile in the 5th grade, then a into 23-channel Allied base/mobile in the 6th grade. Got into 11m SSB in the early 70s, then quit when I started college.

Had a brief stint again in the mid-80s, then got my Amateur license in the 90s (Extra class these days).

I still have some 11m radios ... most are old 23-channel tube radios and a quite large collection of HTs ... most of them are still in good working condition too.

Some of the guys on our UHF repeater as well as some of the HF guys have recently mentioned that 11m propagation was happening. I'm going to grab a couple Cherokee SSB HTs out of the garage and try them out next mountain camping trip

TenSleep440

skip was in and out here yesterday, a lot of Carolinas. I didn’t have enough to get out, going to see what it’s like in a few hours

Since I got a galaxy dx959B and a decent antenna set up on the frieghtliner cascadia I've noticed a lot more skip. Sometimes I can talk back sometimes I cant mostly cause I moving. I dont get it shut down due to interference from other trucks at truck stops. It would be nice to be able t chat more on the skip but I got a ob to do. Now to get echolink to work properly on my tablet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ravenkeeper

Skip seemed to be kicking pretty good just now, 38L. Was listening to 725 (Boise?), 301 (Edwards AFB area), 1060, 1465, 426 (Idaho?), and a few others. I tried to call out, but my transmitter may be cooked.

"Desert Raven, 111, California City"

Ch19 was kicking pretty good, the other day. "Southern California," in Mojave, was calling out. "Sidewinder" was having a good time with it, too.

I don't really even like skip, nor do I like the "Superbowl" channel. I try to filter both out through gain. Anyone else? I guess i'm weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.