• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Skunk nailed me tonight, phewww !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah crap. stepped outside for a few seconds to do something and a goddamn skunk came by and nailed my butt. Damn it !!! Phew !!! Boy does it stink in the house now, along with me. Oh man.

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Man oh man, that stink comes

all the way through the internet line!!! We can't breather sir; go take a shower with kerosene!!! lol
I know first hand what you are going through. Went camping back in the early '60s and one of those creatures nailed one of our buddies. The smell is BAD, BAD, BAD.
Hope you can get the smell off.

sator1

Premium Subscriber
This may not be the correct forum for this, but if you have ever been graced with a skunk encounter of the worse kind, one may appreciate it.

Try this, It works on dogs.

1 qt. 3% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) (from pharmacy)
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp. liquid soap (i.e. Dawn)

Mix together and wash sprayed animal for five minutes, keeping the mixture out of its eyes, nose and mouth. Rinse with tap water.

The above recipe is for a small dog. Double it for a medium dog and triple it for a larger dog. CAUTION!!! Don't try to bottle or store this stuff! The mixture causes a chemical reaction and expanding gases could "explode" into a foamy mess if confined in a bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cAVTvc89ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-BqrMcC3Pc
I hate skunk's too..
They keep getting into my squirrel remover / trap
So, tonight, he is gonna eat his last dinner here.
As in, he is being moved by trap..
You have to use a tarp to cover him,
no spray goes thru a blue tarp..
Last time I caught it, and let it go, it was in slow motion..
As he departed from the trap, his tail went up and I saw 2 spurts come out.. I was able to dodge it, but not my shoes.. walked right into it..
So, tonight, he leaves his home for the last time..
Time to move to a (un-named local)

Vinegar does a reasonably good job of trapping odorants. A good example is gasoline spilled on carpeting - vinegar will get that right out. Sure, you'll smell the vinegar for a while (days), but it's far better than the alternative. Should work ok on the skunk odor as well and shouldn't bother your skin too much.

n0nhp

Premium Subscriber
More trivia,
In another lifetime, in a universe far away...... at least it seem like it..... Just out of college and in association with the mountain rescue group I had joined, I became a volunteer EMT. To keep skills up and our faces known, we would do a monthly shift in the ER.
One evening we admitted a young gentleman from the local "sheltered housing". He worked as a pearl diver at a local restaurant and rode his bicycle to and from work. This evening as he was parking his bike he heard a noise in the garbage can, took a stick and started poking in the can to see what was making noise.

Directly in the open eyes and face.

Needless to say, the first floor of the hospital cleared out except for the Volunteer.
I irrigated his eyes for about an hour before the pain let up enough to start the tomato juice facial (the docs added some other ingredients but wouldn't stick around to instruct me on just what).

After 20 minutes or so, I had lost all sense of smell and it really wasn't too bad. I don't know how I kept my dinner down for that first twenty minutes though!

Bruce

I have been sprayed on the side of my face. What an experience ! I used the peroxide, baking soda and dish soap mix and it worked great . My wife let me in the house and Even sleep in the bed that night.

I caught mine today.
Fortunately I had the trap wrapped in a tarp..
By the time he got to his new home, the smell was bad.
What you may technically call a LITTLE STINKER..
Well, he is now in the woods looking for his next victim..
And the tarp?
It is airing out -right now-..

I'll tell you another stinker;
remember I LOVE CAT'S...
Well, after catching 5 raccoons, 26 squirrels, 8 possums, 6 skunks, and 2 woodchucks,
I caught a cat that damaged the door on my trap.
He has been haunting my cat's for 5 years now.
Wel; I opened the trap,
and he was gone like a bullet..
Point is;
a cat damaged my trap.
Nothing else has done any damage,
but this guy was mean..
Going from 0 to 60 mph in 3 inches and stop short at the door..
I'd think about taking him in for a look,
but my 16 pound MONSTER would eat him,
then kill me for bringing it in..
That's the problem with warm weather.
Warm enough for ANY creature to bug you..
Including baby chipmunks.
Which my 11 pound killer brings home..

Status
Not open for further replies.