SLC Standoff - Domestic Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
SLC PD currently trying to negotiate with a barricaded suspect to a domestic situation. Suspect is known to the PD and he is known to carry a weapon. Containment has been set up and now they are calling for traffic units to shut off all traffic in the area. I do not know if SWAT has been called for...yet.

Comms carried on AC33, TG 736 (Pioneer).

Utah_Viper

I have heard a bit of this off and on (in between monitoring the mess in Atlanta online) I was surprised they have not moved to a Tac channel. I also did hear something about a "Ron Paul for President" sign which caught my ear.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Yeah, and this started probably close to an hour before I posted it. You, Viper, are usually Johnny-on-the-spot for incidents like this and I just knew that once I started a thread on it that you would be working on another thread to report it and we would end up with two threads started at virtually the same time.

It is surprising that they are hoarding a main working channel to resolve this situation, but then they have practically the whole of the Pioneer Precinct officers working the situation.

What really surprises me is that they have not become more aggressive to get this finished. Talk about laying siege to the enemy!

qlajlu

Silent Key
Now they are moving SWAT teams back away from the house and want them to get behind "hard cover" while they also find the gas meter and shut off the gas. Apparently the suspect has threatened to blow up the house and they have intelligence that he is presently in the kitchen area near the stove. They are also putting the fire department on notice and they have ordered power to be shut off, too.

qlajlu

Silent Key
The SWAT team deployed tear gas and the situation is now stabilized with suspect receiving medical attention from the affects of the gas. At least he made sure his dog and cat were out of the house by throwing them out the back door before he came out.

They are asking fire to ventilate the house to rid it of the gas and to monitor it until the gas is out of the house so people can go into it without masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.