• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Slers and storm Hermine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've been setting up some radios on new talkgroups search on the local 800 and slers see if anything pops up. If anyone has provoice in the areas where the storm is going should see what comes up. I live in the bay county area. I'm also going set up gulf power see what I get.

Last edited:
I'm hearing some comms on conventional 854.6375 analog FLA MUTUAL AID doing some evacuation somewhere. I believe it's in Pasco County about the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point in Hudson electrical fire going on right now. I believe Pinellas & Hillsborough FDs are assisting with mutual aid also.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Wow that is crazy what's going on down there. So far looks like the eye is really close to. The eye is looking like hitting Mexico beach (bay county)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
In my area we got lucky on the wind/rain. We might got like 2 inches of rain and less than 30mph wind didn't last long. I didn't hear nothing on slers I got a few enc tg's. The 700 system mutual aid got nothing.

Well I listened to FD on the local EDACS system and it was WILD sick busy. And Pinellas County must have been on either condition 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.