BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Slow Priority Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

anagle96

Feed Provider
Just a quick question about Uniden Priority scan. I've owned a BCD996P2 for quite some time now and it's a beautiful scanner. It works perfectly except for one function, it's analog priority scan. It's remarkably slow, as in it pauses to check the priority channel for enough time to make any digital traffic unintelligible and analog traffic difficult to understand. All of the Motorola radios that I own have a priority scan that you almost wont notice because its so quick. I only have 1 priority channel that it should be checking. Any tips for speeding up the scan? I have a BCT15X with the same problem. I've programmed both with bluetel software, I can make the codeplugs available if it helps.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It may take changing a few things.

The Priority Interval is how often the scanner "goes off" the current non-priority frequency to check for activity on a priority frequency. The Range is from 1 to 10 seconds. So to check more often, you would set a lower value.

I'd also try being specific on the priority frequency settings. That's as in Analog or Digital for Audio Type and FM//NFM/AM/WFM/FMB.

Motorola radios are pretty good about swift checking of priority channels. About the only time I can tell when it is doing that is when a tone is being received. You can "hear" when it's checking because the tones are broken rather than solid.

However radios are pretty specific on what they receive (as in FM only) and the frequency/band width. So with scanners doing a lot more, additional processing time is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.