Small Info Post Regarding Virginia Beach-Engine 35

vavolff

No Tac Channel Assigned .....
Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to pass some info for us regional monitors, along with visitors. This regards a new to this year VB Fire unit, Engine 35.

I know, most people thought it was one of the Navy Engines from Oceana or Dam Neck. That it is not, it's a legit VB Fire engine company. As it stands, Engine 35 calls Station 18 homes. Engine 35's task is to cover/back fill stations during training or an incident within the city. They do also answer calls out of Station 18 when Engine 18 is already committed, and beefs up the 3rd/5th battalions. This started at Station 2 when Ladder 2 got borrowed for Ladder 11 (tiller), which has been out of service since then) and it's crew wound up in an engine. Engine 35 ran out of Station 2 for a hot minute, then was moved. I'm sure after Station 22 opened, and Ladder 2 is back in a ladder as well. Took a bit of monitoring and some light legwork, but this one was a small mystery for a while. Wanted to pass this along to us VA folk. If you have any other questions or what not, send me a message. End message, but to your monitoring pleasures already in progress ....

KJ4BGI

VBFD reserve Engine 35 is a temporary replacement for Ladder 2. Engine 35 is running out of Station 18 for a couple of weeks while Station 2 is closed for repairs. Engine 2 and EMS 2 are running out of Station 22.

vavolff

Premium Subscriber
Ah! That makes a lot more sense, thank you for the info!

Edit: Also thanks for verification that Ladder 11 is still in Ladder 2's rig, haven't been out that way in a hot minute.

Last edited:

vavolff

Premium Subscriber
I figured so, Ladder 11 looked like it's in a reserve, I photoed that working fire off Birdneck not too long ago. Thanks again for the fact checking!!