• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Small Trivia(l) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISC777

Which sheriff dep't. has the new Dodge Charger SRT black and white unit? Seen headed southbound Hwy 93 this past weekend (Sunday afternoon).

`Doug

Troop

Ours will be out late August, early Sept, each troop is getting one, along with command staff.

cstockmyer

Why are they all going back to Black and white? Don't get me wrong it looks good, just wondering why the change.

cstockmyer said:
Why are they all going back to Black and white? Don't get me wrong it looks good, just wondering why the change.
Tradition.
Sort of like red fire trucks (which I wish my department had).

evilklown

Nice i belive commerce city has 2 as well i think 1 all black one, and then one that is black and white. i seen it a few times.

cstockmyer

So I guess the Dodge is the new crown vic? witch was the new Scud? Do I have that right?

Thanks for the pic, Troop. That is one very sharp looking car.
I'm surprised to see a roof mounted lightbar. Around these parts (2B, 2D) it seems that all of the newer cars have rear deck and windshield LED bars, nothing on the roof. It looked like the trend was to get away from roof mounted lights, but I guess not.

mpg0515

Premium Subscriber
firescannerbob said:
Thanks for the pic, Troop. That is one very sharp looking car.
I'm surprised to see a roof mounted lightbar. Around these parts (2B, 2D) it seems that all of the newer cars have rear deck and windshield LED bars, nothing on the roof. It looked like the trend was to get away from roof mounted lights, but I guess not.
I see that they are still installing VHF radios in the cars....... I wonder why? Could it be that DTRS still is not what it should be? Yes, I am being sarcastic...

Status
Not open for further replies.