SMTD 453.525 PL tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
I was looking through my logs while searching at the LPGA tournament and found 453.525 192.8. The database lists the output PL as CSQ. Is the database wrong? I also logged 453.375 192.8 via Search and Store as well.

cheld18

Feed Provider
For 453.525, either the base, or the mobiles transmit the PL tone, but not both. I don't regularly listen to SMTD traffic, but I think the base transmits the tone.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
It's always been this way (20 years I've known), 453.525 has been CSQ and 453.575 has had the tone, there are times when I would detect at tone on .525, only to find out it either isn't always sent, or was just a decoding error.

VERY ODD!

ducksoup65

Premium Subscriber
If you can follow me it makes sense:

Buses use handsets, speaker is only active when the handset is in the cradel.

Dispatcher calls bus by encoding the PL with audio, audio goes out on all buses/all speakers. Bus driver hears call and says hey thats for me. Picks up the handset and answers dispatcher. Two things happen on the bus: bus speaker is disconnected and receive audio is now only in handset AND the radio is put into monitor mode as well as the dispatcher switches to CSQ. Now the bus and dispatcher are having a sorta private converstation. Any bus that listens on their handset could hear, but thats how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.