Smyrna TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Smyrna public safety is re-banding?
Heard a conversation where they were sending a unit to be re-programmed.

Thanks,
Doc

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
Back when I was getting out of the radio business in 2008 they were starting to swap out some of their 800 mhz radios due to some kind of deal with Nextel needing their frequencies or something like that. I really don't remember the specifics.

cowand

Help Needed With PRO-163

I programmed the scanner with the proper control channel on channel 000, & custom table as shown in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/tennessee-radio-discussion-forum/169723-found-smyrna-trunking.html ... after filtering through the 800 entries pertaining to Smyrna's trunking system.

I'm getting normal voice traffic on the listed channels for that site on the database page, but after the listed frequencies drops after a conversation, the scanner tends to stop on 863.5625 & 862.3875. After that I can’t receive any more traffic. This goes with all talkgroups in the system. When stopped on these frequencies, I get a VC (Voice Channel), frequency, talkgroup, and the display alternates erratically... with no voice. It seems these frequencies are part of the system, and totally messing with me.

So, what am I doing wrong with programming Smyrna TRS? Is this scanner not truly "rebanded?"

With past experience programming the PRO-96, I have never had this problem. Not too familiar with this PRO-163. I'll be glad when I'm finished programming them.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.