SNACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior1970

Heading to Vegas in a couple weeks.

Are both SNACC systems still operating or has the Moto Type II gone off the air yet.

Thanks in advance.

Junior1970

OK...I have been to the Vegas Valley twice since I made this thread and i have some questions about SNACC.

The DB shows that Black Mtn and Arden are different sites but Hooligan in a past post states that they are the same site near Henderson. Is one of these Red Mountain as I see a site there according to the SNACC website but no frequency listings for it.

The Boulder City site from past posts says it's at the water tank but the FCC says it's at the Hoover Dam Lodge. Related: What NSRS site covers Boulder City area?

Is there a control channel for the SNWA Lake Mead site?

I just want to get my file correct and text tags accurate for my next trip to Henderson/BC around Memorial Day weekend or sooner. Any other info would be appreciated. I am using a PRO 96/2096 combo

Thanks

markee71

OK...I have been to the Vegas Valley twice since I made this thread and i have some questions about SNACC.

The DB shows that Black Mtn and Arden are different sites but Hooligan in a past post states that they are the same site near Henderson. Is one of these Red Mountain as I see a site there according to the SNACC website but no frequency listings for it.

The Boulder City site from past posts says it's at the water tank but the FCC says it's at the Hoover Dam Lodge. Related: What NSRS site covers Boulder City area?

Is there a control channel for the SNWA Lake Mead site?

I just want to get my file correct and text tags accurate for my next trip to Henderson/BC around Memorial Day weekend or sooner. Any other info would be appreciated. I am using a PRO 96/2096 combo

Thanks
If you are just staying around Henderson/BC, I would use the Black Mtn and Boulder City sites. Normally I just use Black Mtn it covers BC pretty good. But if you are heading to North Town (Speedway etc) the Apex site covers the north end of the valley.

Hooligan

If you are just staying around Henderson/BC, I would use the Black Mtn and Boulder City sites. Normally I just use Black Mtn it covers BC pretty good. But if you are heading to North Town (Speedway etc) the Apex site covers the north end of the valley.

Just FYI, they moved the Black Mountain (Arden Peak) site last year to a new location on the mountain to improve coverage around the Railroad Pass area -- the site/location name is now Geneva St. Doing so did reduce the site's footprint for the SW part of Henderson (Anthem area), so I would no longer count on Black Mountain/Arden & Boulder City to provide great Henderson coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.