Snoop Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack08

I dont know what is inside of them, but I don't know of any "high performance" antennas that would fit in a piece of PVC...

If your location allows it, you are probably better off making a ground plane antenna instead. You can build them for cheaper and I would almost bet they work better than this thing.

SAR923

You can get the same results by stripping the outer cover off about 20" of coax and putting a BNC connector on the other end. That's really all this antena is but it's inside a PVC tube. You'd be far better off with a mag mount RS scanner antenna mounted as high as you can get on a steel file cabinet or the top of a cabinet on a cookie sheet to give you a ground plane of sorts.

digitalanalog

I tried asking this seller certain specific details on the antenna and he got very offensive.

So, i would do as SAR suggested and just strip back some coax and you will get the same results.

A seller that get's Sh*tty just for asking questions, is not worth buying from.

k8mcn

IMHO a portable antenna like SAR suggested is giving you the best advice---the pvc tube is just an aesthetic thing for a length of coax inside a tube.......--you might as well stick a a coat hanger in and get the same results--i fell for the "slinky antenna" hype when i lived in an apartment for a short time----absolutely the worst antenna i could imagine, i had better luck using the chain link fence!!!!!!!
His products are well built, but i just don't think they work......there are too many alternatives out there....

digitalanalog said:
I tried asking this seller certain specific details on the antenna and he got very offensive.

So, i would do as SAR suggested and just strip back some coax and you will get the same results.

A seller that get's Sh*tty just for asking questions, is not worth buying from.
He did the same to me when I asked him a question also, even blocked me from buying his Junk, I mean antennas.

SAR923

What frequencies do you listen to most? That should dictate the tye of antenna.

SAR923

k8mcn said:
IMHO a portable antenna like SAR suggested is giving you the best advice---the pvc tube is just an aesthetic thing for a length of coax inside a tube.......--you might as well stick a a coat hanger in and get the same results--i fell for the "slinky antenna" hype when i lived in an apartment for a short time----absolutely the worst antenna i could imagine, i had better luck using the chain link fence!!!!!!!
His products are well built, but i just don't think they work......there are too many alternatives out there....

That's not the first time I've heard of these guys getting an attitude when anyone questioned them too carefully about how (or why) their antennas should work. Their ad says they are a bunch of old guys working in a garage. Apparently they are also a bunch of grumpy old guys . :)

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Mostly 700-800 Mhz P25 digital, some vhf and uhf, depends where I'm at, I'm looking at something portable. I have been looking on google for about the last hr on how to build some.

Status
Not open for further replies.